The GEOINT Services - FADE team is looking to hire a Cloud Engineer for our work with the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA).
You will be part of a responsive team where communication skills and the ability to solve problems are critical to our success. You can expect to work with highly motivated teammates that will support and push you and will expect you to do the same for them. This environment provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance, while changing the way the government delivers software applications.
The ideal candidate will leverage broad knowledge of software engineering, systems administration and cloud technologies to define, identify, create, and deliver infrastructure services that enable the successful development or migration of GEOINT systems and solutions to the Cloud using DevOps and Continuous Delivery best practices.
You will closely with both operations and development staff, leveraging strong interpersonal skills to contribute to the identification, assessment, and integration of a wide array of technologies and processes which facilitate the development, deployment, and accreditation of systems across different security domains in order to ensure successful deployment to the Cloud.
Choose us and make delivering meaningful, innovative solutions part of your extraordinary career.
- Use industry proven open source tools, processes, and personal engineering experience to deliver DevOps tools and capabilities to a broad set of application development teams
- Support the entire product lifecycle to include requirement analysis, technical design, system integration, implementation and deployment
- Translate customer/user needs into project requirements and ultimately working solutions
- Identify, mitigate, and resolve technical risks and issues
- Participate on a responsive team where communication skills and the ability to solve problems are critical to our success
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent and seven to nine years of related experience.
Required Technology Expertise:
- Experience developing and delivering software on Amazon Web Services (AWS) or similar cloud services
- Strong knowledge of Linux and its deployment in virtual environments
- Experience with Git and configuration management processes
- Experience developing Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment pipelines
- Experience with automated test tools, e.g. Selenium, Cucumber, Junit
- Experience integrating with identity management, access management, and authorization solutions (PKI, LDAP, OAUTH, OpenID)
- Understanding of agile development practices, including Agile Scrum methodology
- Knowledge of Intelligence Community (IC) processes, policies and guidance
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, open and unclassified office work environment
- Excellent technical acumen and self-motivated with creativity to tackle hard-to-solve problems
- Ability to work independently and within a distributed team environment
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, problem solving, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Comfortable working with a diverse set of contractors and customer personnel
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Desire to stay educated on current technology trends
Desired Technology Expertise:
- Experience deploying, maintaining and optimizing RDBMS databases such as Oracle, MySQL, or Postgres
- Experience with open source indexing technologies, e.g. Elasticsearch, SolR
- Experience with container technology (e.g. Docker) development and deployment
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases like DynamoDB, MongoDB or Cassandra
- Familiarity with a Cloud Application Platforms such as Heroku, Pivotal Cloud Foundry or Openshift
- Experience conducting trade studies and analysis of competing technologies
BIT Systems Inc. is a CACI company.
The commitment of our employees to "Engineering Results" is the catalyst that has propelled BITS to becoming a leader in software development, R&D, sensor development, and signal processing. Our engineering teams are highly adept at solving complex problems with the application of leading-edge technology solutions, empowering our employees to make better mission-critical decisions. We provide the tools you need to succeed.
Our work environment is mission-focused but relaxed; is professional but casual; and requires individual responsibility within team constructs. We offer an environment where business casual and shorts/flip flops work side by side successfully; we let you be you.
ADDITIONAL BITS INFORMATION:
Not to mention BITS benefits are quite unique. Basically, BITS benefits equate to 50% of salary on TOP of your base salary. The first part is a tax-qualified profit sharing retirement plan to which BITS annually contributes up to 25% of your base salary (not in excess of applicable IRS limits) to your retirement account under the plan. The second part consists of BITS' Individual Benefit Account Plan (the IBA), which is used for premiums, medical reimbursements, dependent care, education and BITS' Paid Time Off (PTO) Policy. Both components of the BITS benefit package are paid for by BITS in addition to your base salary and potential performance bonuses. http://www.caci.com/bit-systems/benefits.shtml