Duties and Responsibilities:
This individual is responsible for providing SATCOM engineering support, technical guidance and recommendations in support of a global network.
This position supports all areas of the customer's engineering organization as well as the various engineering and configuration management boards.
The Satellite Engineer will provide support in the following functional areas:
- Overall satellite engineering expertise to include reviewing customer requirements and proposing and analyzing approaches for satisfying them through design and integration within a global telecommunications network;
- Responsible for the for the enhancement of existing satellite architecture to reflect the dynamic evolution of the network's telecommunications capabilities;
- Provide engineering support to include managing SATCOM network allocation, administering SATCOM requirement processes, performing SATCOM link analysis, developing procedures and technical specifications for SATCOM;
- Maintenance of the SATCOM laboratory and SATCOM databases;
- Coordination of the SATCOM circuit activities between vendors, installation teams and Government and commercial teleport personnel;
- Performs system designs, developments and product verification testing on power, control systems, software, hardware, and equipment.
- Develops the operations, management, integration & security requirements.
- Develops and documents system architecture, including relevant user cases.
- Develops security procedures for design reviews, and for operational monitoring, recording, and responding to security events.
- Maintains technical tests, deployments and support projects.
Must have a current Secret Clearance, with the ability to upgrade to a poly if needed.
Education and Experience:
This position typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent, and seven to nine years of related experience. Experience in satellites and degree in any Science, Bachelor of Science, is preferred.
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.