CACI is seeking a Native Kurdish Speaker to serve on the team of U.S. Central Command’s Regional Media Specialists as a Kurdish linguist, social media specialist, media analyst and cultural advisor. This position is located at MacDill AFB, FL.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Monitor and engage on Kurdish social media outlets such as forums, blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
Track key regional media outlets to provide political-military information and advice to USCENTCOM by writing media analysis reports and roll-ups on a daily basis
Provide cultural advice to ensure proper context of communication plans, messages and talking points
Analyze and assess key events in the assigned area of responsibility based on knowledge of cultural context and recommend strategic responses.
Track penetration and resonance of quotes, and statements to measure effectiveness of themes and messages.
Manage and update U.S. Central Command’s Kurdish social media (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
Translate news articles and engagements from Kurdish to English and vice versa.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
Active SECRET clearance
Native Kurdish speaker
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and at least 3 years’ relevant experience or 6 to 8 years’ relevant experience without a degree
Microsoft Office proficiency
Internet research and social media experience (You may be asked to provide sample social media postings)
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
Master’s Degree preferred
Experience as a cultural advisor
Experience and/or training in public affairs, public relations, corporate communication or marketing
Experience, knowledge and understanding of U.S. military operations
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.