What You’ll Get to Do:
CACI is looking for a talented System/Application Administrator to lead production support activities for a web-based Oracle DB application supporting the Department of Defense with instances running at sites around the world. Support activities are conducted primarily out of the Republic of Korea, but occasional travel can be expected. This is a customer facing position that requires technical depth to troubleshoot complex issues and strong communication skills to properly interface with leadership. This position will require a self-starter who is capable of working independently.
More About the Role:
- Performs daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Reviews performance logs and monitors system performance.
- Monitor and tune systems to achieve optimum performance
- Troubleshoots and resolves system hardware, software and communications problems; creates shell programs, utility scripts, and SQL queries; performs configurations and adjustments to enhance database file capacity; performs automated and manual backup and restore processes.
- Ensure integrity of servers through evaluation, implementation, and management of appropriate software and hardware solutions.
- Ensure data and media recoverability though system backups and database archive operations.
- Support media management through internal methods and procedures or through offsite storage and retrieval services.
- Conduct routine hardware and software audits of servers for compliance with established standards, policies, procedures and configuration guidelines.
- Performs regular file archival and purge, as necessary.
- Creates, changes, and deletes user accounts, per request.
- Works with internal and external customers to troubleshoot system issues.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree and 6 years of relevant experience; or Associate's Degree and 8 years of relevant experience; or High School Diploma/GED and 10 years of relevant experience (relevant experience in systems administration activities such as the isolation and resolution of complex hardware and software problems involving the application, the operating system, the hardware, or any combination thereof.)
- Active DOD Top Secret Clearance (Requires the successful completion of a CI Polygraph/Polygraph will be scheduled following accepted offer)
- DoD 8570 (IAT II) Compliant Baseline Certification (e.g. CCNA Security, CSA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP)
- DoD 8570 (IAT II) Compliant Computing Environment Certification (e.g. MCSA, MCTS, MCITP-SA, MCP, CNNA, CCENT, Linux+, Server+, SCSA, DBA-OCA)
- Practical working knowledge of networking (including DNS/WINS/DHCP)
- Experience installing, maintaining and troubleshooting Windows 2008R2, Windows 2012R2, and Linux operating systems
- Experience maintaining and troubleshooting databases, such as Oracle 11g and Oracle 12c.
- Experienced in Shell scripting, SQL, XML, and programming languages such as Java
- Experienced with Public Key Infrastructure
- Experienced with Web Services concepts
- Good customer service skills are required
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.