Company Name: BITSystems Inc., a CACI Company
Summary: Candidate will be part of experienced Systems Administration team supporting a large, multi-site system supporting national and tactical requirements. Successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter with ability to take ownership of assigned tasks. Candidate will work as a technical expert in maintaining, upgrading and supporting a cloud-based IaaS/PaaS environment and ensuring that the applications are usable and accessible to all users.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work as a technical expert in maintaining, upgrading and supporting a multitude of mission critical applications. Candidate will support services and ensuring that the applications are accessible to all users.
- Perform all facets of systems administration of a network supporting a variety of services on Linux servers.
- Lead in performing systems integration activities, working with a multitude of different technologies, troubleshooting, problem solving, and trouble ticket management.
- Deploy and maintain physical and virtual systems.
- Willing to support multiple programs requiring strong multitasking abilities.
- Candidate must be highly motivated and a self-starter with ability to take ownership of assigned tasks.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
◦ Typically has a University Degree (BA/BS) or equivalent experience and minimum 7 years of related work in a DoD Government environment. Military experience will be taken into consideration
- Experience providing support maintenance and security for Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
- Experience installing and configuring various COTS/GOTS products
- Experience with virtualization
- Experience with Microsoft office (word, excel, power point, outlook)
- Understanding of system networks with strong troubleshooting and interpersonal skills
- Possess a positive, helpful, and professional demeanor
- Security+, CASP or CISSP certification required
- Red Hat Certification
- Experience with AWS. AWS certification a plus.
- Exposure to GIT and Puppet, Ansible, or Chef configuration management
- Ability to monitor system resource usage and ensure adequate resources are available to meet the IT requirements through resource scheduling or new resources
- Ability to monitor and track trouble tickets or change requests to ensure high quality customer service, exposure to JIRA is a plus
- Understanding and exposure with Active directory, IPA or spacewalk
- Experience with creating process/procedure documentation
- Strong command line skills and bash scripting, including kick starts & startup scripts, regular expressions
- Experience working with SAN and backup systems
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and prioritize work appropriately
- Ability to work with teammates in different locations and time zones
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.
BIT Systems Inc. is a CACI company. The commitment of our employees to "Engineering Results" is the catalyst that has propelled BITS to becoming a leader in software development, R&D, sensor development and signal processing. Our engineering teams are highly adept at solving complex problems with the application of leading-edge technology solutions, empowering decision-makers to make better mission-critical decisions.
We are looking for talented IT/Engineer professionals that are excited about the dynamic intelligence community space and using the latest technologies available to create truly rich user experiences. This is your opportunity to work with a highly talented engineering team that builds technology that bridges software and intelligence community needs. Our client engagement processes, the way we collaborate, operate, and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose us, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
Not to mention BITS benefits are quite unique. Basically, BITS benefits equate to 50% of salary on TOP of your base salary. The first part is a taxˆ’qualified profit sharing retirement plan to which BITS annually contributes up to 25% of your base salary (not in excess of applicable IRS limits) to your retirement account under the plan. The second part consists of BITS' Individual Benefit Account Plan (the IBA), which is used for premiums, medical reimbursements, dependent care, education and BITS' Paid Time Off (PTO) Policy. Both components of the BITS benefit package are paid for by BITS in addition to your base salary and potential performance bonuses. View more on benefits: http://www.caci.com/bit-systems/benefits.shtml
We believe in healthy home/ work balance; both our locations offer a wide variety of activities to balance with your work life. Check us out at: http://www.caci.com/bit-systems/. DACOHP