Responsible for providing simultaneous and/or consecutive American Sign Language to English interpretation. Services will be rendered in a highly technical environment as part of a contract team supporting NAVSEA at the Washington Navy Yard. Must be a seasoned professional who can work independently with minimal supervision.
- Provide quality ASL-English interpretation in a timely manner.
- Receive requests for interpreting services directly from consumers and ensure services are provided by either self or other CACI staff.
- Maintain adherence to the RID Code of Professional Conduct: http://rid.org/ethics/code-of-professional-conduct/
- Manage Diversity & Inclusion projects and influence policy, practice and procedural changes throughout the entire workforce to create a more inclusive workforce for Deaf and disabled individuals.
- Mentor and review work of novice interpreters.
- Develop service delivery policy and procedures, and communicate them to internal customers and consumers of services external to the EEO office.
- BA/BS in a related field
- 5 years experience as an RID Certified interpreter
- Experience with solving difficult, complex problems involving consideration of multiple issues and job areas.
- MA/MS in a related field -- 2 years experience as an EEO Complaints counselor for a federal agency
- 2 years experience as a Reasonable Accommodations specialist for a federal agency