Configuration Management / Release Management Analyst
Req #: 201224
Location: Chantilly, VA US
Job Category: Engineering and Technical Support
Security Clearance: None
Clearance Status: Not Applicable
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for conducting change control board meetings; provide for the scheduling of change requests.
- Provide appropriate and timely communication about change so that stakeholders are aware and are ready to adopt and support the change
- Maintain and uphold Change and Release policies and procedures in accordance with client processes and provide guidance to stakeholders as needed.
- Regularly review, maintain and suggest updates to the Release Management calendar based on client requirements.
- Manage day to day functions to ensure the efficient handling of change with minimal disruption to the business
- Monitor, review and seek approval for small to mid-size change requests, scheduling them with minimal impact to the business
- Provide governance for all Emergency and Normal change.
- Manage day to day functions to ensure the integrity of the production environments and that correct components are released within applicable timeframes and with minimal issues or problems.
- Manage small to mid-size releases or assist in the management of large release activities
- Help define and create release deployment plans with developers, project managers, third party service providers and quality management.
- Ensure that release packages can be tracked, installed, verified and/or uninstalled or backed out if necessary
- Work with development and infrastructure areas to ensure event plans have contingencies and back out plans in place
- Ensure the integrity of a release package and its components
- Ensure that stakeholder change is managed during the release and deployment activities
- Control, track, and report changes to configuration items; Manage and track changes to program baselines, schedules, and progress in achieving control gates.
- Develop and implement CM processes and procedures as defined in Governance documentation.
- Perform configuration management audits and produce reports for exception, status and metrics related to CM
Typically has a University Degree or equivalent experience and minimum 3 years of related work experience.
- Experience in Change Management, Software Version Control and Release Management experience.
- Experience with ticketing tools like Jira.
- Experience with Git, SVN or related version control tools
- Experience releasing code in Agile development environment.
- Experience on both Windows and Linux
- Industry knowledge and experience, including current industry trends and challenges
- Solid Analytical Skills (ability to digest requirements and test design).
- Excellent communication (verbal & written) and interpersonal skills