The Java Developer supports the front-end of several applications as part of project teams. The work may at times be collaborative or completely independent.
- Design, develop, maintain, and test applications
- Analyze user requirements and needs; develop and design software solutions
- Troubleshoot and diagnose problems in existing applications
- Create test cases
- Conduct unit testing
- Provide assistance to other agile team members in researching and answering technical questions
- Participate in agile development
- Active SECRET Clearance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or other Engineering or Technical discipline OR, in lieu of a bachelor’s degree, 1 additional year of experience for a minimum total of 2 years with no degree
- Experience must reflect work in design, development, and sustainment/support in software lifecycle
The following experience or knowledge is advantageous and used or referenced regularly in the work environment:
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Knowledge of Java/J2EE, web services and development of service oriented applications
- Knowledge of Oracle, Tomcat, Maven, XML, XSLT, Data Warehouse, and IDEs (Eclipse, NetBeans)
US-Aberdeen Proving Ground-MD-BALTIMORE