BIT Systems Inc, a CACI Company, is looking for a talented user experience and human factors engineer to join our GEOINT Services team and up our game.
On GEOINT Services, we put a premium on the design aesthetic of our web sites and software applications. As a member of our high performing software development team, you will help create stunning user experiences by designing UIs for both simple and complex applications and web pages. User experience is the difference between our mission users adopting cutting edge capabilities or languishing with underperforming tools. In this highly visible position, you will work with a variety of customers to create a diverse set of front-end designs for a myriad of applications. Don't worry, you won't be bored.
You will be part of a responsive team where communication skills and the ability to solve problems are critical to our success. You can expect to work with highly motivated teammates that will support and push you, and will expect reciprocal action on your part. This environment provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose us, and make delivering meaningful, innovative solutions part of your extraordinary career.
Candidates are encouraged to attach a file or link to examples of past web design work.
Offices for this opportunity are in Aurora, CO. For those outside of the area, relocation assistance may be considered on a case by case basis.
We believe in a healthy home/work balance; our locations offer a wide variety of activities to balance with your work life. Check us out at http://www.caci.com/bit-systems/.
- Use proven design patterns, innovative approaches and design thinking to build intuitive UIs that are a joy to use
- Provide web user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) expertise in support of new application development and application transformation
- Support the entire product lifecycle to include systems engineering and requirement analysis, technical design, system integration, implementation and deployment
- Work directly with end users and stakeholders, translating customer needs into deployed software capabilities
- Participate in a responsive team where communication skills and the ability to solve problems are critical to our success
- Lead design meetings with customers and community stakeholders
Education and Experience:
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Digital Design, Human Factors Engineering or a related technical field or equivalent and 7 to 9 years of related experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in UI/UX design or related technical fields
- Education and Experience equivalents are considered on a case-by-case basis
Attributes and Skills:
- Excellent technical acumen and self-motivated with creativity to tackle hard-to-solve problems
- Ability to work independently and within a distributed team environment
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, problem solving, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Comfortable working with a diverse set of contractors and customer personnel
- Strong understanding of UI/UX best practices
- Cross-browser development expertise
- Understanding of agile development practices, including Agile Scrum
- Experience with configuration management processes and tools
- Knowledge of Intelligence Community (IC) processes, policies and guidance
Specific Technology Expertise:
- Experience with Git source code configuration management
- Strong skills with HTML and CSS, and digital design tools such as Photoshop
- Familiarity with Sketch
- Must be a US Citizen and eligible for a TS/SCI Clearance
BIT Systems Inc. is a CACI company.
The commitment of our employees to "Engineering Results" is the catalyst that has propelled BITS to becoming a leader in software development, R&D, sensor development, and signal processing. Our engineering teams are highly adept at solving complex problems with the application of leading-edge technology solutions, empowering our employees to make better mission-critical decisions. We provide the tools you need to succeed.
Our work environment is mission-focused but relaxed; is professional but casual; and requires individual responsibility within team constructs. We offer an environment where business casual and shorts/flip flops work side by side successfully; we let you be you.
Additional BITS Information:
Not to mention BITS benefits are quite unique. Basically, BITS benefits equate to 50% of salary on TOP of your base salary. The first part is a tax-qualified profit sharing retirement plan to which BITS annually contributes up to 25% of your base salary (not in excess of applicable IRS limits) to your retirement account under the plan. The second part consists of BITS' Individual Benefit Account Plan (the IBA), which is used for premiums, medical reimbursements, dependent care, education and BITS' Paid Time Off (PTO) Policy. Both components of the BITS benefit package are paid for by BITS in addition to your base salary and potential performance bonuses. http://www.caci.com/bit-systems/benefits.shtml