Information Security Specialist
Req #: 201931
Location: Chantilly, VA US
Job Category: Information Technology
Security Clearance: Top Secret
Clearance Status: Must Be Current
- Serve as subject-matter-expert for information security department, reviewing all software, hardware, and infrastructure changes in the contract.
- Lead Risk Management Framework (RMF) Assessment and Authorization (A&A) efforts, to include POA&M mitigation, the Continuous Monitoring program, and interfacing with government counterparts.
- Review and update information security policy documentation for the contract, ensuring that it aligns with best practices and remains relevancy with the current operating environment.
- Other tasks deemed necessary for continuous maintenance and improvement of the contract’s security posture
- At least 3 years of working experience in information security
- Experience or knowledge of the Risk Management Framework, NIST and Government compliance requirements
- Ability to research challenging information security problems and find creative solutions
- CompTIA Security + or related information security certification
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficient writing and speaking in a manner that is concise, detailed, and understandable to non-technical stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in technical or information security fields of study
- 1-2 years of hands-on technical experience as support technician, system administrator, or related roles in an organization