SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
The US Army Reprogramming Analysis Team (ARAT) Program Office is looking for a full time Junior to Mid level Simulation and Test Engineer to support a large contract in the Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD.
The primary focus of this position is the development of radar threat simulations that will be used during Aircraft Survivability Equipment (ASE) equipment software testing and validation. Tasks performed may include, but are not limited to, radar signal parameter analysis/interpretation, radar signal simulation development, test plan development and execution, test analysis and reporting, QA, software design and development for applications. After training, the successful team member will be able to review and interpret Electronic Warfare data and other RF parametric information, develop and program RF simulations for lab test purposes, develop and maintain simulation documentation, execute test plans, maintain simulations with configuration control procedures, and maintain appropriate file library with programmed simulations.
- BS/MS degree in a technical field. Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics is highly preferred.
- Candidates must be a US Citizen and able to obtain an Interim SECRET level clearance (typically takes 60-80 days). Must be able to obtain and maintain a fully adjudicated Secret clearance.
- With training, interpret parametric data and descriptions of both mechanical and RF capabilities of a system in order to understand how the system functionally operates and use that information to create radar emitter simulations.
- Capable of discerning which design and functional characteristics of radar systems affect which characteristics of an emitted radar signal.
- Must be able to develop test plans per provided requirements, execute the testing to support all test phases, perform test analysis, troubleshoot errors (hardware, software, and simulation), and develop test reports.
- Comfortable using standard Windows and Office tools; capable of learning and using basic interfaces of other operating systems (Linux, OpenVMS)
- Capable of reliably following established processes and procedures for development and testing including configuration management.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Able to digest new technical information at a rapid pace for practical use.
- Good time management capabilities - able to both pace workload and provide feedback to leads on task progress. Eagerness to improve efficiency and streamline work procedures.
- Relevant experience in RF, test equipment, Familiarity with engineering hardware analysis tools (Spectrum Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, Network Analyzers) and hardware connectivity and protocols
US-Aberdeen Proving Ground-MD-BALTIMORE