CACI Federal Inc. is the prime on a contract to the Office of the Undersecretary of Defense for Acquisition and Sustainment, Performance Assessment and Root Cause Analyses (OUSD(A&S)\PARCA). PARCA is the central office for major defense authorization performance assessment, root cause analysis, and earned value management within the Department of Defense (DoD). PARCA issues policies, procedures, and guidance governing the conduct of such work by the Military Departments and the Defense Agencies. We currently have an opening for a Senior Acquisition Analyst in the Earned Value Management (EVM) section and are looking for someone with significant EVM experience to assist in drafting EVM policies, processes and procedures in accordance with the guidance provided by the Deputy Director for PARCA/EV. The individual must have knowledge of DoD EVM and Financial Management policies, practices, processes, and regulations applicable to DoD systems acquisition management in accordance with DFARS and DoDI 5000.02.
Duties and Responsibilities: 1) Support the government lead in the development and implementation of earned value management (EVM) policies, guidelines, and procedures within an Agile framework to ensure quality and program control requirements are in accordance with the Electronic Industries Alliance (EIA) - 748 Systems Guidelines.
2) develop, implement, and utilize assessment techniques to be used in the preparation of formal reports and presentations for review and approval by the Deputy Director for Earned Value Management (EVM).
3) maintain program and administrative reference materials, project files, and relevant background documents and make available policies, procedures, and written instructions for the Deputy Director for EVM; and
4) ensure all PARCA actions, including coordination, are documented/recorded in the official internal PARCA tracker tool.
5) The employee shall also communicate DoD policy to government and industry stakeholders through presentations and development of position papers and support the operation of the DoD EVM Community of Practice through outreach with government and industry stakeholders.
6) The employee may also be asked to support the DoD Deputy Director for EVM to influence EVM competency requirements and courseware with DAU to ensure course content aligns with current EVM policy and support other OSD Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) functional leads with EVM expertise to influence the competency requirements for EVM within their respective functional areas.
The employee shall have:
A Bachelor's Degree in an engineering, scientific, technical, management, or related discipline relevant to the contract, or substantial equivalent occupational experience. A Master's degree in a technically related field is preferred.
DAWIA Level III certification or equivalent (e.g., PMP) preferred
A Minimum of 10 years of experience, including at least 4 in DoD program/project Management.
Been a subject matter expert in at least one of the following functionalareas: implementing EVM and IMS analysis techniques; leading the development and implementation of EVM analytics, techniques, and processes; developing plans for various Agency-wide outreach campaigns; developing/tracking/maintaining relationships with cross functional organizations; developing/publishing/maintaining DoD policy and guidance or working with OSD, DoD 5th Estate Agencies, the Services, PEOs/PMOs on implementing EVM with the demonstrated ability to lead teams in area(s) of expertise.
Experience drafting EVM policies, processes and procedures in accordance with the guidance provided by the Deputy Director for EVM.
Experience and thorough understanding of the DoD acquisition process, particularly as it pertains to MDAPs and MAIS.
Experience developing and writing reports and recommendations to communicate findings to the Deputy Director for EVM in support of planning, acquisition decisions and execution.
An understanding of EIA-748 and associated EVM system requirements.
Knowledge of DoD EVM and Financial Management policies, practices, processes, and regulations applicable to DoD systems acquisition management in accordance with DFARS and DoDI 5000.02.
Knowledge of DAU competency structure and instructional development is preferred.
Experience in drafting and preparing official correspondence packages for staffing for senior leadership signature.
Experience interfacing with industry and Government partners regarding EVM best practices, policy and tools.
Demonstrated experience with implementing effective outreach campaigns that educate and increase EVM community awareness of services and Agency-wide major initiatives.
Outstanding written and verbal communications skills.
Have executive level technical, acquisition manager, or analyst experience.
Master’s Degree in related field, preferred equivalent experience/certification in a field relevant to the specific position, or substantial equivalent occupational experience
Provides expert technical, managerial leadership, and direct support for problem definition, analysis, requirements development, and implementation of complex projects and programs.