CACI NSS has an immediate opportunity for a Desktop Support Technician at our clients site.
- Providing tier 2 support to the end user installing /uninstalling software, trouble-shooting software/hardware issues and upgrading computers remotely and locally. When issuing new equipment to a user or recovering old equipment from a user, the technician is required to maintain inventory control paperwork.
- Specific Responsibilities: Performs installation and maintenance of desktop/laptop computer systems and associated software and peripheral devices (Fax, printer, phone, and monitors) to include the following:
- Installation of new equipment to fulfill IT requirements for individual users. Must be able to install, uninstall and troubleshoot Microsoft and other desktop applications. Must be able to install, uninstall and troubleshoot peripheral
- devices such as direct and network printers, scanners, voice over IP telephones, Blackberry, fax machines, etc.
- Assist customers in the setup and configuration of computer hardware and software
- Perform scheduled hardware and software upgrades.
- Provide remote technical assistance to users through Dameware NT Utilities
- Update operating systems with correct drivers, service packs to include Cisco IP phones.
- Good working knowledge of Active Directory, basic networking and systems administration.
- Must possess excellent customer relation skills and a good working knowledge of military organizations.
- Must be able to follow directions and solve difficult problems with little outside input.
- Must be able to work unsupervised, perform tasks assigned and interact with VIP customers.
- Must be physically fit to carry computer equipment to include desktop computers, monitors, printers, scanners and other peripheral equipment between locations.
- Good working knowledge of mobile computing devices (Blackberry, IPad, PC tablets).
Preferred Education: Associates Degree
Security Clearance: Top Secret / SCI
Certification Required: Security+ CE and Windows 7 or Windows 10 certification
Minimum/General Experience: 3 years advanced IT experience to include installing/maintaining desktop computer systems and extensive troubleshooting experience with desktop hardware/software.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Dell laptops/desktops.
- Security+ CE certification is required, Microsoft certifications required.
- Good working knowledge of Cisco IP Phones and basic networking.