The Target Digital Network Analyst (TDNA) position conducts advanced analysis of collection and open-source data to ensure target continuity, to profile targets and their activities, and develop techniques to gain more target information. The Target Digital Network Analyst has an understanding the principles and methods of exploiting foreign communications and communication systems to identify, collect, analyze process and disseminate information in accordance with established requirements and priorities; analyzes DNI data for reportable intelligence information and building target profiles; maintains appropriate databases for targeting, tasking, and analysis; performs sustained target analysis and enhancement through the use of DNI and DNR analytic techniques; analyzes DNI data to identify new access development opportunities for follow-on collection requirements; performs research using open source and classified sources to develop comprehensive baseline profiles of designated target sets; identifies intelligence gaps and evaluating the intelligence gathered in order to either tailor current collection or enable new collection to close the gaps. The TDNA supports activities at Fort Meade, MD.
- Candidates with a TS/SCI Clearance and a CI Poly can be accepted for the program, however, the individual must be able to pass a FS Poly to remain employed.
- At least twelve (12) years of experience as a Target Digital Network Analyst within the Department of Defense (DoD). At least Two (2) years of experience must have been within the last Five (5) years.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of software applications and databases associated with network analysis and target development.
- Able to run complex queries using a variety of different tools.
- Able to provide guidance to others on how to run better queries or use different tools or task selectors so as to take advantage of all available collection opportunities.
- Able to take advantage of new collection resources and shares this information with others who would benefit from it.
- Able to take initiative to review scripts/traffic from other streams of collection to look for leads or complimenting data to enhance overall story.
- Expert understanding of internet protocols, digital telecommunications technologies, and internet routing and the merging packet and circuit switched networks.
- Able to perform DNR development to ID other methods of target communications, and works with language analysts to analyze importance of selectors and tie them to targets of interest.
- Able to target development results in discovery of reportable information.
- Understanding of computer network infrastructure enabling discovery of new avenues of target development.
- Able to discover alternate means of communication for complex and operationally sophisticated targets.
- Able to mentor junior analysts on how to use tools and teach basic development.
- Must meet the additional qualifications for a Skill Level 1 as a TAR, SGA or NEA labor category.
- BS in a technical field.
- Prior Military and/or Government experience.