SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
The ARAT-SE has the requirement for one individual to join its Counter Radio Controlled Improvised Explosive Device (RCIED) Electronic Warfare (CREW) sustainment team. We are looking for an experienced Firmware Verification Engineer to provide expertise in creating and maintaining functional simulation environments for CREW system digital hardware. Candidate is expected to create and maintain verification environments based on methodologies that are amenable to constrained randomization, reuse, maintainability, re-configurability, and adaptability. Candidate will be exposed to a wide range of technologies and implementations associated with electronic warfare electronics, especially Radio Frequency (RF) signaling and Digital Signal Processing (DSP). Candidate must be a quick learner with strong analytical and problem solving skills, who is resourceful and able to work independently in support of on-going projects managed from the SEC ARAT -Program Office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Learning, investigating and analyzing the functional capabilities and test requirements of electronic warfare systems dominated by RF signaling and DSP-centric implementations (among other technologies) centered around architectures containing large-scale FPGAs
• Generating, debugging and maintaining extensive simulation test bench environments, test cases and regression test suites to serve as the functional verification infrastructure for electronic warfare system components
• Addressing and implementing verification techniques and concepts such as bus functional models (BFM), transaction level modeling (TLM), metrics, assertions, code/functional coverage, and constrained randomization
• Employing scripting techniques for batch executions and to shield users from underlying complexities
• Employing co-verification techniques that can work in conjunction with other simulation-based modeling systems such as MATLAB and SIMULINK
• Assisting in making digital designs more visible and testable
• Generating and maintaining test and verification documentation such as test plans and procedures
• Managing source code development through team-wide version control system
• Adhering to configuration management processes, standards and protocols for maximum functional reliability, design integrity, and traceability to requirements and specifications
• Performing independent reviews of deliverables produced by other team members
• Working within a firmware group in a team setting, as well as communicating and unifying efforts with other groups (software, system, and test) to achieve project goals
Bachelor's degree. Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or other Engineering or Technical discipline is required. Minimum 3 years experience.
US-Aberdeen Proving Ground-MD-BALTIMORE