The Data Analyst will be responsible for researching, designing, developing and analyzing data solutions to mirror the Integrated Personnel and Pay System –Army (IPPS-A) features in a PII cleansed training database environment. Will develop proposed solutions for unique Training Environment Needs (Class registration, scheduling etc) Develop cost estimates for data solutions development or enhancements. Conduct impact analysis for data requirements . Produces detailed specifications, and work closely with business analysts, designers, and subject matter experts to understand functional requirements. Conducts unit tests and documents findings. Supports formal testing in controlled environment before code is promoted to production. Adheres to program configuration change control standards. Provides input into training manuals for users. Understands the structure and functionality of the COTS applications (e.g., Oracle, Audit Vault, Enterprise Access Management Service- Army, and IPPS-A). Writes interfaces and conversion routines leveraging the application programmatic interface (API). Extends applications by using applicable application tools. Maintains knowledge of feature and technical changes in the application. Documents data created unique for training and produces a Requirements Traceability Matrix of all Release Features to the Associated Training Data.
Manages data for the Army Human Resources Hands on training environment. Must create data to enable hands on learning experiences for Army business process and replicate examples for all students within a classroom or Capstone Exercise. Possess knowledge of People Soft Data Structure and database software analysis and design, to include any modifications to support Army unique functionality. Familiar with Army business processes and the data dependencies to provide hands experience. Prepares and edits Program documentation. Creates data supporting each IPPS-A release.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Develops data cleansed of Personally Identifiable Information (PII) scrambled data in support classroom and major exercise (Capstone) hands-on training. Documents training examples and serves as a subject matter expert to explain and create data in support of Army training needs. Creates, loads, tests, documents, and explains data in support of IPPS-A Army training. Works closely with the Enterprise Learning Management System and Scrum developers.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent years of experience, and a minimum of 3-5 year of related technical experience.
- Experience with large enterprise SDLC projects, and performing systems analysis and data analysis on large enterprise systems integration programs
- Proficiency and understanding of Peoplesoft ERP (or other large Enterprise application), SQL, learning management systems, or other training related environments
- Must have an Active Secret clearance
- Experience with classroom training, and/or preparing and delivering oral presentations
- Experience developing training material/data/content and explaining functionality to users
- Knowledge of Army Training and Doctrine Command (TRADOC) policies, guidance, standards, and procedures for implementation of automated systems training
- Training experience for an Army or DoD personnel or pay system