CACI has an exciting and challenging opportunity available for a Project Manager supporting an Intelligence Community customer's wide-area (WAN), local-area (LAN) and campus-area (CAN) networks across multiple security domains. The candidate will be responsible for all phases of project management including initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, cost control, and closing the project. Experience with daily face-to-face customer interface, strong communication skills and ability to quickly and efficiently resolve minor issues. Perform as a team member, interfacing across the program to manage changes in requirements and meeting customer expectations. Develop Project Plans, schedules, QUAD charts, and budget estimates.
- Manage business, technical, and personnel for individual projects, such as engineering studies, network technologies and systems development for all project life cycle phases.
- Achieve operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews.
- Ability to provide Project status reports on a weekly basis using QUAD charts developed in PowerPoint
- Ability to work as a team with engineers, customers, and other subcontractors to coordinate resources and activities across various Projects
- Ability to manage small (1 week) or large (1 year) Projects from start to finish by collaborating across various customers, functions, and locations.
- Basic excel skills to manage project hours
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills
- Apply best-practice and disciplined project management principles to lead and execute approved engineering change orders or Requests for Change.
- Work with customer project managers to clarify requirements, perform project kick-off meetings, determine project resource requirements, and help develop equipment and consumable requirements.
- Develop Project Charters and Project Management plans based on government provided requirements and available resources.
- Develop and maintain Project Master Schedules, milestone dates, and major activities based on priorities and funding.
- Follow all Customer project engineering and management processes and procedures
- Ensure compliance with all Government policies.
- Represent customer requirements in technical exchanges with other government agencies.
-10 years experience
Demonstrated experience managing project cost, schedule, and scope leading to successful project implementation.
- Experience in planning, organizing and executing projects
- Experience in balancing various priorities, customer requirements, and activities
- Ability to work independently with little direction and guidance
- Ability to work weekends and evening hours as needed
- Excellent writing and communication skills, including the ability to develop analytical documents and present oral presentations to senior/executive management
- Proficient is MS Office suite -“ Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- Security Clearance: active TS/SCI
- Bachelor's degree in Business, or related field
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Master's degree in Business, or related field
- ITIL v3 Foundations
US-St. Louis-MO-ST LOUIS