Technicians shall also support the installation, inspection, adjustments, reconfiguration, and introduction of new or advanced technology, update, testing, and the related technical support for these systems by providing on-site technical assistance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The installation of electrical system components as assigned (e.g. panels, pull stations, pulling conduit, wire, etc.) for the purpose of providing enhanced and/or upgraded system capabilities.
- The installation, upgrade of and disassembly and reconfiguration of systems, operator and maintenance training, service, repair and maintenance of electronic and mechanical security systems.
- Diagnose electrical problems or failures in assigned systems for the purpose of identifying equipment and/or systems repair.
- Provides technical expertise for security systems installed equipment upgrades and reconfigurations at designated bases in Southwest Asia.
- Works closely with the site's Force Protection ( FP) personnel on all security systems issues.
- Makes recommendations to the FP and On-Site FP Commander on the placement of new or upgraded equipment.
- Must understand microwave link installation, alignment, troubleshooting and repair and Radio Frequency monitoring control systems.
- Duties include manual labor, the lifting of heavy equipment unaided, digging, laying cable, power generation, fiber splicing, and working long hours in harsh environmental conditions.
- A successful candidate will possesses a minimum of 10 years of technical experience relating to physical or electronic security system projects.
- Minimum of 5 years working in electronics, basic electric circuit troubleshooting.
- Candidates should have a strong background in installation of intrusion detection system CCDE, like Honeywell's Vindicator, and recent experience with electronic security systems, access control, CCTV, Wide Surveillance Thermal Imager, Long Range Thermal Imager, Ground-based Radars (MSTAR) and other security systems.
- Ability to write detailed trip reports to include sensor recommendations and placement derived from site surveys.
- Possesses a minimum of a high school diploma. Associates and Bachelor's degree in a technical field preferred.
- Must be able to climb towers and carry a backpack of 50+ pounds unassisted.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Candidates MUST BE ABLE TO BE DEPLOYED to war zones.
- A valid US passport and US driver licenses.
- Active US Secret clearance.
Physical demands may vary depending on the work location. Ability to stand; walk; stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Must be able to communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Must frequently lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. May need to meet manufacturer's weight requirements for all equipment used. Required to sit at times; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. Travel may be required.
◦ Established and productive individual contributor
◦ Works independently with general supervision
◦ Problems faced are difficult but typically not complex
◦ May influence others technical staff through explanation of facts, policies and practices
◦ Works to achieve operational targets within job area with direct impact on department results. Works independently on larger, moderately complex projects/ systems. Sets objectives for own job area to meet the objectives or goals of projects and assignments.
Innovation & Complexity:
◦ Implements and executes on technical initiatives and solutions. Responsible for making adjustments or recommended enhancements in systems and processes to solve problems or improve effectiveness of job area.
◦ Addresses somewhat complex technical issues/problems that require a depth of technical job knowledge from other areas. Problems are typically solved through drawing from prior experiences, with analysis of the issue
Communication & Influence:
◦ Communicates with contacts typically within the project area or technical department on matters that involve obtaining or providing information requiring some explanation or interpretation in order to reach agreement. May work to influence parties within own job function at an operational level.
Leadership & Talent Management:
◦ May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.
Knowledge & Experience:
◦ Requires technical knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
◦ Typically has a University Degree or equivalent experience and minimum 3 years of related work experience.