Opportunity to work on a large, long term, program that we implement as small innovative teams. This arrangement offers teammates the maximum opportunity for contribution, and exchange of solutions and technologies.
- The program collaboratively creates mission critical software applications for its users, with whom we coordinate heavily for design and development to ensure we bring the right product to make our users efficient and effective in the execution of their mission.
- SEs on this program experience the opportunity to lead or support SE activities across the systems engineering life cycle including architecture development, requirements development, CONOP development, documentation generation, design reviews, test, integration, training, and maintenance support.
- You will support software design and provide iterative testing for development activities in support of new application development, use test driven and iterative methodologies, and work with teammates to maintain our team's seven year track record of on schedule deliveries.
- Systems Engineers are expected to have excellent technical expertise, to be highly self-directed and motivated, and collaborate respectfully with their teammates, always keeping user mission first.
- You will be part of a responsive team where communication skills and the ability to solve problems are critical to our success.
- You can expect to work with highly motivated teammates that will support and push you, and will expect reciprocal action on your part.
- You will join a team with a culture of team before self, and sharing information amongst teammates and management team
How far you go in the organization is up to your goals and performance!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Function at an expert contributor/lead in new development starting with requirements analysis and design.
- Provide expertise during the development phase.
- Leverage expertise to provide a technical solutions compliant with the design and interface definitions.
- Provide guidance, leadership, and expert level support/contribution on initiatives to test, integrate, and deploy the software baseline.
- Leverage expertise with good development and configuration management practices.
- May mentor and guide the more junior level teammates
- Provide expert level guidance and support to technical concepts
- Leverage exceptional communication skills, and able and willing to collaborate on technical items with the larger team.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent (systems engineering, electrical engineering, information technology, or related field) and 10-12 years of related experience
- Expertise with systems engineering processes
- Expertise collaborating with users for design input
- Expertise developing design documentation
- Expertise supporting iterative, agile, and/or test based development
- Expertise developing requirements
- Expertise developing interface documentation
- Expertise developing procedures and testing software
- Expertise of end-to-end test procedure development and software testing
- Expertise creating/ editing documentation such as CONOP, Verification Test Matrices
- Expertise creating training plan, training materials, and providing training
- Expertise with Linux operating systems
- Experience with both Object Oriented and Function Programming approaches
- Experience with security accreditation activities
- Experience in network operations, filter changes
- Understanding of Amazon Web Services
- Active TS/SCI with CI Poly
- Knowledge of Intelligence Community (IC) processes, policies and guidance
- Experience with relational, noSQL, and file based storage products
- Experience with configuration management processes and tools
- Security+ or CISSP certified
- Project Management Institute (PMI) certified
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) certified
BIT Systems Inc., BITS, is a CACI company. The commitment of our employees to "Engineering Results" is the catalyst that has propelled BITS to becoming a leader in software development, R&D, sensor development and signal processing. Our engineering teams are highly adept at solving complex problems with the application of leading-edge technology solutions, empowering decision-makers to make better mission-critical decisions. We are looking for talented individuals that are excited about the dynamic intelligence community space and using the latest technologies available to create truly rich user experiences. This is your opportunity to work with a highly talented engineering team that builds technology that bridges software and intelligence community needs. Our client engagement processes, the way we collaborate, operate, and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Not to mention BITS benefits are quiet unique. Basically, BITS benefits equate to 50% of salary on TOP of your base salary. The first part is a tax−qualified profit sharing retirement plan to which BITS annually contributes up to 25% of your base salary (not in excess of applicable IRS limits) to your retirement account under the Profit Sharing Plan ( PSP ). The second part consists of BITS Individual Benefit Account Plan ( IBA ), which is used for premiums, medical reimbursements, dependent care, education and BITS' Paid Time Off (PTO) Policy. Both components of the BITS benefit package are paid for by BITS in addition to your base salary and potential performance bonuses.
Choose us, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.