The Functional Analyst provides support for an asset tracking and maintenance management system used across the DoD by helping to manage requirements and customer expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Act as a liaison between system users and developers for definition of functional requirements.
• Facilitate Configuration Control Board meetings to help user community make decisions on proposed system changes (may require travel or management of virtual meetings).
• Research, track and manage proposed system changes (engineering change proposals, software defect reports, data modification requests, and functional upgrades).
• Oversee software development contractors to ensure desired functionality is delivered to end users. This may include testing of releases, management of corporate level test events and documentation of test results.
• Manage training delivered to system end users, report developers and application administrators.
• Balance training requirements against available budget to optimize return on training investment.
• Research requests to add new user organizations or functional/business communities to the system.
• Maintain familiarity with IBM Maximo Asset Management applications and associated add-on modules.
• Coordinate with financial analyst on budget requirements.
• Facilitate sharing of solutions and lessons learned across user communities. This may include development of newsletter articles, e—mails and presentation at conferences or webinars.
• Support Service customers on system related issues.
Qualifications and Experience:
Must possess an active and current Confidential or Secret level - or higher, clearance.
Typically has a University Degree (BA/BS) or equivalent experience, and minimum 5 years of related work experience in functional analysis
Candidates should possess direct experience with:
Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
IT and/or financial COTS/GOTS software
Familiar with financial / budget and business analysis
Working with multiple, cross-functional organizational groups
Must be able to travel up to 10%
IBM Maximo and SQL queries
Software development or IT management
Industry experience in Military / DoD