The Database Administrator (DBA) will be part of a team that provides the database administration of the application databases within the development, test, and production environments. The DBA responsibilities are to provide full database administration, including database backups, deployment of new database changes, securing the database systems, performance tuning, researching and developing new database technologies and solutions, as well as developing database policies and procedures.
• Install, configure, and upgrade MS SQL and Oracle.
• Ensures that storage, archiving, backup and recovery procedures are functioning correctly.
• Research and development of new database technologies and solutions
• Administrative scripting using SQL and other scripting languages
• Performing deployments of code or data loads to development, test, and production.
• Performs database hardening including database encryption.
• Maintenance of database dictionaries, overall monitoring of standards and procedures, file design and storage, and integration of systems through database design.
• Controls access permissions and privileges.
• Requires bachelor’s degree Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar technical degree, and five to seven years of related experience
• Active Top Secret Clearance.
• Experience must include Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and higher
• Experience in documenting, establishing, and performing database backup and recovery, monitoring, and tuning.
• Specific experience in performing database security - authentication, auditing, and encryption for MS SQL server.
• Advanced troubleshooting and problem solving skills; evidence of skills analyzing information technology issues, evaluating alternatives, and making logical recommendations based on findings; ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusion.
• Certified as an MCSA/MCSE for MS SQL Server
• Experience with system administration in a Windows 2008/2012/2016 server environment
• Experience with VMWare Vsphere