The system architect will be an expert systems engineer working in the automation area. He/She will be responsible for supporting the Virtual Information Processing (VIP) architecture at the Sponsor. The individual will lead the effort to insert new technology and systems into the existing architecture as well as decommission legacy systems or components for the architecture. He/She will work to resolve most of the complex tasks (ala Tier 3) associated with server, network, storage, or software issues. The individual have the opportunity to work on both hardware and software aspects of the infrastructure. The position is a high visibility position within team with frequent interaction with client and end users working on mission critical applications.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
Designs and develops solutions to complex problems associated with applications, system administration issues, or network concerns. Performs O&M on existing systems and integration of new technology as necessary
Develops future technology and architectural advancements to support CIO architectural strategy, technology migration, and integration and evolution. Analyzes COTS products capabilities for integration into the architecture
Analyzes user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations
Works with appropriate parties to resolve discrepancies between proposed IT systems and enterprise quality and security standards. Provides technical and administrative direction for personnel performing software development tasks, makes recommendations, if needed, for approval of major systems installations.
Applies knowledge of enterprise IT needs to design improved processes, generate valid requirements, and ensures these are consistent with the Sponsor’s CIO enterprise technical architecture (ETA) and Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)
Experience over 15 to 20 years in positions of increasing responsibility IT administration, systems engineer, or architecture
Ability to write software scripts on Linux operating systems
Understanding of architecture – servers, storage, and network
Experience with integration of technology insertion into existence architecture
Experience with working in an IT Operations with mission critical teams
Ability to work 9am to 3pm (core hours) with possible work after hours or weekend hours
Understanding of Amazon Web Services
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
Red Hat Certification in Linux Architecture
Hands on experience with hardware troubleshooting
Experience work in a IT operations group supporting thousands of customers
Experience leading and guiding teams through influence
Education and Experience Requirements:
· 12 Years of job related experience and a High School/GED diploma · 10 Years of job related experience and an Associate degree · 8 Years of job related experience and an Bachelor’s Degree · 6 Years of job related experience and a Master’s degree · 4 Years of job related experience and a Doctorate
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.