Conducts analysis on work procedures and recommends changes to improve the effectiveness of the organization's processes/procedures. Able to perform studies on ways to increase efficiency. Collects and analyzes quantitative and qualitative data including financial and cost data, builds process models, develops solutions or alternative practices, collects and organizes information from a variety of sources, and recommends process, procedures, or organizational changes.
Acts as liaison between end-user communities, stakeholders, and service providers within an enterprise
Interviews personnel from functional user area under study to learn general purpose of systems and information requirements of positions involved in the data flow
Analyzes business and user needs, documents requirements, and revises existing system logic difficulties as necessary.
More About the Role:
Assesses information and sources to ensure data collected is relevant to the core issue.
Identifies issues or gaps and devises appropriate next steps.
Practical understanding of statistics.
Familiarity with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Prepares reports and/or presentations.
A high degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Typically has a University Degree or equivalent experience and minimum 3 years of related work experience.
- Requires active SECRET Clearance
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of Navy Personnel data and business rules.
- Ability to work as a team member in a diverse group; ability to deal effectively with both Government and contracted workforce members.
What We Can Offer You: - We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.