CACI seeking an experienced Solutions Architect with Network Engineering experience. The Network Solutions Architect will be responsible for working on both Enterprise Architecture and support execution of network solutions projects in the analysis and design stages. They will develop and revise plans and layouts for network communications solutions to be delivered to customers on our global data communications network. The Solutions Architect will present plans to the team’s Domain Architects for review and feedback, and ready them for presentation at delivery project control gates. Considerations and requirements for network security will be developed in collaboration with the organization’s Information Assurance and CyberSecurity staff.
This position requires demonstrated excellence in customer relationship management as well as thought leadership at the Enterprise Architecture and Network Engineering levels. The preferred candidate will have very strong oral and written communication skills. He/She must be confident and comfortable working in an environment with undefined processes and changing requirements. Must be able to quickly adapt to change and help define structure and bring results to support the customer mission. The ideal candidate would have qualified experience with designing wide area networks and knowledge of new technologies such as Software Defined Networking and Network Function Virtualization.
Develop expectations and requirements for hardware and software to support the needs of the various solutions network designs. Design Solutions Architectures for transition to project teams for execution within the framework of the designed models. Provide any implementation constraints on cable layout, hardware location, and so forth that must be adhered to in implementation. Develop models to predict future network needs, including reviews of current data traffic, estimating growth, considering the needs of traffic routing and shaping, and build outs of new technologies, including Software Defined Networks. Analyze the current state and support the design of objective future business operations in order to aid Government decision making; Assist in assessing the alignment of services and technology with desired business/mission strategies and objectives, concept of operations, business processes, roles, organizational structures and technology standards.
- 8+ years of IT and networks experience, both in the field and in an Engineering and Design organization
- Expert knowledge of Global Wide Area Networks
- 4+ years’ experience as a Network Systems Designer
- Excellent communication skills in technical, business, and client interactions with proven ability to establish a trusted advisor relationship with key customers.
- Proven ability in working with a multi-discipline team comprised of one or more of the following disciplines: Systems, Software, or Network Engineering in an engineering or architecture role
- Demonstrated ability to develop and convey recommended solutions to clients to resolve issues and demonstrate value
- Experience working in a dynamic and collaborative environment
- Experienced developing Architectural and design artifacts, especially architectural modeling
- Experience developing business and technical requirements
- Must have a current TS/SCI Clearance with Poly
- Experience with Software Defined Networks
- Experience working in JIRA
- Experience working in an Agile engineering environment
- Experience with communications systems or in a commercial / industry communications organization
- Experience with medium Telco company best practices for network services
- Experience with networking protocols such as RSVP and OSPF to perform Traffic Engineering
- Experience with Segment routing or Source Packet Routing in Networking (SPRING)
- Experience with Business Requirements Analysis
- Experience working on transformational projects in complex environments.
Bachelor's Degree in IT related subject and 9 years experience; Doctorate with 5 years; Masters with 7 years; Associates with 11 years
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.