Linux System Administrator
Req #: 202625
Location: Sterling, VA US
Job Category: Information Technology
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Status: Must Be Current
5+years of System Administration and/or system maintenance.
- Experience with network and server hardware procurement and detailed record keeping supporting mission networks.
- Experience with infrastructure troubleshooting, to include direct interaction with vendors and service providers.
- Experience patching and updating Linux server operating systems and configuring Linux server network integration.
- Experience in the design, implementation, procurement, tradecraft, or maintenance of various layers of network infrastructure.
- In-depth understanding of Linux operating systems (e.g. Centos, Ubuntu, Fedora, Scientific Linux, Debian, etc.).
- Ability to research the latest technological developments in relevant operating systems to identify impact and anticipate changes in the organization’s operating environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team.
- Desire to enhance your abilities.
- An active TS/SCI with Poly clearance.
- Typically has a University Degree (BA/BS) or equivalent experience and minimum 5 years of related work experience.
- Experience buying, configuring, and maintaining Linux servers.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Experience with Configuration Management tools, such as Puppet, Chef, and Ansible.
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Deployment Tools, such as Jenkins.
- Experience with scripting tools, such as PHP, Python, Perl or Ruby.
- Experience monitoring network activity and network traffic redirection. Familiarity with proxy implementations (e.g. iptables, mod_proxy, digital certificates etc.).
- Administration of VMWare.
- Administration of Systems Supporting Oracle Databases.
- Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with ICD 503-compliant systems.
- Experience or knowledge of Host Based Security System (HBSS).
- Experience or knowledge of hyperconverged infrastructure solutions such as Nutanix.
- Experience with container solutions such as Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, or AWS Elastic Container Services along with orchestration technologies such as Swarm, etc.
- Experience with distributed storage technologies geared towards container solutions such as GlusterFS or Ceph.
- AWS Certified DevOps