The Air Force Integrated Personnel and Pay System (AFIPPS) will seamlessly add payroll and leave management capabilities to the Military Personnel Data System, creating a single, web-based Enterprise Resource Planning software solution streamlining existing Air Force personnel and pay processes into a single self-service system for the three AF military components: Regular Air Force, AF Reserve, and Air National Guard. The system will configure the appropriate Oracle e-Business Suite Commercial-Off-The-Shelf software application modules to satisfy AF business processes and integrate the product with MilPDS, which is based on Oracle’s EBS Human Capital Management application. The delivered solution will result in table-level integration of human resource and pay data supporting a single instance of Oracle EBS, making life easier for the end user by reducing redundancy, eliminating superfluous manual process, and ensuring timely pay for all. The AFIPPS solution will subsume and supplant the existing pay and benefits computation and disbursement processes of the Defense Joint Military Pay System and the functions of LeaveWeb. It will have AF-wide applicability, encompassing military airmen in all AF components and levels of duty status exclusive of retirement pay.
The Senior Systems Administrator is responsible for designing, supporting and managing development, test and production systems (Servers, DNS, Domain Controllers, etc.) in a fast paced, high visibility, critical environment. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all networked software and associated operating systems and supporting software (Oracle EBS etc.). The Senior Systems Administrator will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments. This individual will also mentor and provide guidance to more junior Systems Administrators and System Engineers.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Establish and maintain user accounts, assigns file permissions and establishes password and account policies; installs, upgrades, configures, tests, maintains and supports operating system software across environments including Production.
- Troubleshoot and resolve system hardware, software, database, technology and communications problems.
- Installs, configures and tests software packages and web servers.
- Install and configure automation and monitoring tools
- Performs data backups and disaster recovery operations on a routine basis
- Diagnose hardware and software problems, and replace defective components.
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments, including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations
- Design, configure and test computer hardware, networking software, and operating system software
- Maintain and develop administrative and software deployment utilities
- Analyze vulnerability scan reports, assess security threats, and assist team members in developing remediation strategies. Provide updates on remediation activities.
- Ensure compliance with security regulations, policies and requirements
- Develop Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M’s) associated with identified security vulnerabilities
- Bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science or Information Systems or other technically relevant degree from an accredited university
- 7+ Years of IT experience, with at least 5 years’ experience and deep understanding of installing, configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting current and legacy Linux OS, servers and desktops in large complex environments for Federal Government clients
- Active Security+ certification
- Ability to obtain an active Secret clearance
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience in multiple Linux variants (preferably RHEL) and other Unix based operating systems (Solaris, etc.) in a large-scale environment
- Broad exposure to local and remote data center management
- Experience with monitoring tools
- Experience with security concepts including firewall configurations, server configurations, and desktop client applications
- Familiarity with Enterprise Storage Systems, Fiber Channel Switching, SAN, NAS and NFS/CIFS, and Data Replication technologies
- Understanding of basic and advanced networking concepts and protocols (IP addressing/subnet masks, DHCP, DNS, NTP, etc.) and network diagnostic tools
- Understanding and experience with Windows client and server software and administration including Active Directory principals and best practices
- Experience administering systems within a DISA hosted environment
- Experience administering COTS and/or ERP systems
- Experience administering systems that include large Oracle databases
- Strong analytical and trouble shooting skills
- Experience with VMWare setup, configuration, operation and troubleshooting- Familiarity with agile software development
US-San Antonio-TX-SAN ANTONIO