As an experienced member of a project team, assist in process development, training and implementation of the role of Shipbuilding Specialist (SBS) at Ship Repair Facility (SRF), in Yokosuka, Japan.
1. Work with the Ship Repair Facility (SRF) Yokosuka to implement the SBS role within their Command. This will include defining and documenting SBS roles and responsibilities, developing and delivering training for SBS candidates, developing and documenting a NAVSEA-approved SBS qualification program, and mentoring new SBS personnel.
2. Assist SRF with the implementation of the Navy Maintenance Data (NMD) system. This will include developing and documenting NMD workflow processes, identifying and documenting NMD interfaces with existing SRF maintenance management systems, developing and delivering NMD training, and mentoring various users NMD throughout SRF.
3. Interviews personnel from functional communities and facilitates working groups to document current business practices, weaknesses, and objectives. Develops strategies and applies industry best practices for the planning phase of project management.
4. Seasoned professional that works well independently and as a team player. Responsible for providing guidance and training within job area to other employees and work groups.
Works to influence parties within and outside of the job function at an operational level regarding policies, practices, and procedures.
5. Assists business development team with writing proposals.
Must have 5+ years of experience as a qualified Shipbuilding Specialist at one of the Navy Regional Maintenance Centers or SUPSHIPs.
Must have strong working knowledge of the Navy Management Database (NMD) system
Must be able to provide one-on-one mentoring to personnel in a variety of roles.
Must be able to deliver training to small and large groups of people.
Must have detailed understanding of the US Navy and Ship Maintenance.
Must have excellent communication skills for navigating discussions at various levels of an organization.
Must have active security clearance.
Working experience at SRF-Yokosuka.
Although this description states Norfolk, VA as the base location, individual will be working onsite in Japan and possibly out of their own home office. Therefore, “home” location is not restricted to Norfolk, VA.