Tysons Corner, VA
Clearance: TS/SCI with Poly
POSITION SUMMARY: Under general supervision, maintains data files and control procedures for a complex system of networked computers or for a single group of microcomputers linked to a host workstation, or mainframe. Responsible for system security and data integrity. Assigns passwords and monitors use of resources, backs up files as required and responds to management requests for information.
- Establish and maintain user accounts, assign file permissions and establish password and account policies.
- Creates, changes, and deletes user accounts per request.
- Install, upgrade, configure, test, maintain and support operating system software in a production environment.
- Review performance logs and actively monitor system performance.
- Troubleshoot and resolve basic system hardware, software and communications problems; may perform configurations and adjustments to enhance database file capacity
- Performs automated and manual backup and restore processes for applications and database
- Install, configure and test software packages.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Able to perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to follow SOPs and other documentation to assist in troubleshooting more complex user issues.
- Ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel.
- Previous experience in a Helpdesk or SA role.
- Previous experience supporting client site personnel.
- Working knowledge of customer and industry Information Technology best practices.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent, and two to four years of related experience. Will consider additional experience in lieu of degree.