Responsibilities and Duties:
In support of the US Navy's NAVSEA Headquarters Human Resources Office, the HR Specialist will provide staffing support beginning with recruitment and to selection. These tasks will include;
- Setting up HR Case Files
- Tracking Requests for Personnel Action (RPAs)
- Prepare paysetting worksheet.
- Preparing Tentative Job Offers (TJOs)
- Requesting and tracking pre-employment requirements (such as, Selective Service Verification, Security/Drug Testing, Pre-employment physicals, official transcripts, etc.)
- Prepare EOD letters for internal reassignments/promotions
- Prepare/send Welcome Aboard/Reporting Instructions
- Onboard new hires, process HR forms; forward payroll forms
- Conduct E-Verify
- Update RPA and Selectee records in USA Staffing Onboarding Manager and TWMS
- Retrieve SF 50, Notification of Personnel Action from DCPDS and close out HR Case File and TWMS/OM e-records.
The Specialist will also be responsible for the development of reports and metrics tracking hiring data and timelines. This will included development of internal briefings, spreadsheets and charts, and SharePoint sites.
Required Background and Experience:
Typically has a Bachelor degree and 1-3 years of related experience.
Active Secret Clearance is required.
Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment
Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
SharePoint experience is desired
Attention to detail and strong customer service aptitude
Experience working on customer site
Knowledge of US Government / DoD / Navy organizations, structure, and culture