Provides intelligence support for operations, battle staff and operational-level planning, joint and multi-lateral training exercises, and strategic engagement policy throughout the Areas of Operational Responsibility (AOR) and Areas of Interest (AOI).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs all of the duties of the Intelligence Analyst as necessary and serves as a senior analytical advisor on an intelligence analytical team of military and/or DoD civilian analysts in support of the CJ2 analytical requirements.
- Responsible for researching, developing and presenting post-graduate level intelligence products at the operational and strategic levels for senior leaders, to include counter-terrorism, HUMINT, SIGINT, counterintelligence, Afghanistan and South West Asia regional issues, HUMINT, political/military analysis and support to targeting.
- Analysis includes aspects of cultural, religious, political, geo-political, military/social/behavioral science and perspectives on governance and development.
- Efforts result in documentation, recommendations, briefings, reports and other products to assist in the resolution of difficult and complex problemsEDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Requires a minimum of 8 years analytical experience, preferably as a general military intelligence, CI/HUMINT or Counterterrorism analyst on an intelligence analytical team of military and/or civilian analysts within DoD or equivalent Government agencies required, with 5 years at the strategic level or 5 years experience at the equivalent of GS-13 experience in CI/CT/HUMINT or GMI analysis.
- Graduation from the Post Graduate Intelligence Program or a degree from the National Defense Intelligence College or its predecessor at the Masters or Bachelors level is preferred.
- Five years at the strategic level as a South West Asia Foreign Area Officer qualifies for the Senior Intelligence Analyst position.
- Requires Bachelor's Degree, a Master's Degree preferred.
- Requires a strong background in the following analytical areas: Afghanistan, South West Asia regional analysis, Political analysis, Intelligence Collections, and CI/HUMINT analysis.
- Proficient in utilizing basic computer applications and intelligence related automation to support analytical efforts and product development.
- Possess strong briefing skills and be capable of effectively directing subordinate analysts in the accomplishment of intelligence products and assessments.
- Requires Top Secret/SCI clearance.