CACI helps the Air Force Research Laboratory explore, prototype, and demonstrate new technologies that enable the Air Force to maintain its technical advantage. We are seeking experienced Java software engineers to help us develop space battle management command and control technologies. This is a research environment where technical requirements change quickly as software prototypes are developed, tested, and evaluated.
As a Java Software Engineer, you will:
Interact with CACI engineers and government technical staff on a daily basis
Learn new programming languages, software tools and design patterns
Identify technical needs and translate them into software requirements
Discuss design/architecture choices with the engineering team
Support presentations to audiences with varying levels of technical knowledge
Collaborate with team for task decomposition and assignment
You should be interested in technologies like:
RESTful web services
Docker or other Linux containers
Software configuration management
You should be familiar with the technologies we use:
Java SE/EE, Tomcat, JBoss, Wildfly, etc.
Jira, Gitlab, Redmine, Trac
You’ll need to meet these requirements to be eligible:
Must be able to obtain and maintain DoD security clearance
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent relevant experience
Three or more years' experience with desktop or web application development
Experience with version control and issue tracking systems
Able to work on computers for long periods
Available to work in-person at the AFRL facilities in Rome, NY
Available to participate in infrequent travel
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.