CACI is looking for full-time Mission Support Administrator-Level 1 to join our dynamic team in providing a wide range of support to our government customer.
Our contracts offer a diverse selection of labor categories, job types, and locations within the Washington metropolitan area with competitive benefits, salaries and internal growth opportunities (e.g., career advancement opportunities, professional training, and tuition reimbursement.)
For additional information regarding CACI's outstanding benefits and career developing tools, please visit www.CACI.com.
A Day In the Life:
As a Mission Support Administrator, a typical day might include the following:
- Ensures that management, co-workers, customers, and stakeholders are informed on pertinent matters
- Responds on a daily basis to staff’s needs and to customers’ questions and inquiries
- Processes administrative and personnel paperwork
- Performs research; retrieves information or documents from databases and the Internet
- Compiles, collates, analyzes, and summarizes abstracting data
- Passes and receives clearances and prepares access lists
- Ensures compliance with Agency/IC regulations and procedures
- TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Six months of administrative or comparable experience
- Strong communication skills (listening, oral, and written)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Outlook software
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Education: High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Potential candidates are required to have a driver's license/transportation. We need people with the flexibility to 'transport' material as well as work at various locations although assigned to a primary site.
- Required: Solid understanding of transporting and handling sensitive material.