Ticom Geomatics, a CACI Company, delivers information superiority through interoperability of networked solutions for tactical warfighters.
Ticom Geomatics has built its success through focus on the customer mission while maintaining an employee and family oriented culture. We are interested in bringing in strong team members that have the potential to help grow our business and deliver high impact capabilities to our customers.
What You'll Get to Do:
The prime responsibility of the System Engineer position is to provide Systems Engineering for multi-disciplinary teams that are creating networked Signal Intelligence (SIGINT) and RF geolocation systems in support of the Department of Defense and other Intelligence Community agencies. Depending on experience, this position will serve either as a recognized Systems Engineering expert supporting full life cycle engineering activities for both domestic and international products/services and or journeyman Systems Engineer looking to take the career to the next level.
Offices for this opportunity are in Austin, TX. For those outside of the Austin, TX area, relocation assistance may be considered on a case by case basis.
More About the Role:
- Works closely with Program and Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) to ensure execution of near and long term strategic objectives
- Work with and lead coordination of multidisciplinary technical teams
- Support white paper and proposal development
- Lead technical execution of 3-4 small to mid-sized enterprise projects ($200k-1M). This includes defining and tracking activities ranging from systems engineering, software/hardware development, test/QA and final deployment on customer platforms
- Owns cost-schedule-performance
- Manages risks, identifies issues and develops mitigation plans
- Generates polished briefings to support and leads System Requirements Reviews (SRR), Design Reviews and Program Management Reviews (PMRs) to DoD customers
- Develops and/or gathers information to generate technical documents, and reports necessary for Contract Delivery
- Ability to produce/author derived requirements from High Level Requirements that can be used for project execution teams
- Perform trade-offs and develop Course(s) of Action (COAs) using existing constraints/guidelines
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline (Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace, Software) from an accredited University
- Minimum 5-7 years of Professional experience ideally with Prime DoD Contractor
- Systems Engineering support experience resulting in the successful development, integration, testing and deployment of a system or subsystem for one or more customers
- Demonstrated experience running successful concurrent projects, including leading, planning, organizing, staffing, reporting, and coordinating all phases of the projects from inception through completion
- Experience conducting and documenting analysis of alternatives and trade studies to support evaluation of technical trade-offs and decision making
- Strong knowledge of system engineering fundamentals
- Ideal candidate understands and has exposure to standard DoD System Engineering Process and terms such as Interface Control Documents (ICDs), System Requirements Documents (SRD), Capability Development Documents (CDDs), Preliminary Design Review (PDR), Critical Design Review (CDR), Customer Acceptance, Program Management Review (PMR)
- Collaborative team-centric mindset and willingness to learn and grow and stretch beyond normal comfort zones and have fun doing it
- Strong listening skills and attention to detail
- Willingness to learn and willingness to mentor
- Must be self-motivated with good interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- US Citizenship
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Experience in a DoD Prime Contractor capacity
- Experience of subsystem integration into a large system (aircraft, ground vehicle, ship)
- Exposure to Unmanned or Manned Systems and or principles
- Exposure to GPS systems/INS Systems
- Exposure to SIGINT Systems
- Exposure to networking principles and or experience working with classified networks
- Understanding of the certification and accreditation process for SCI networks
- Exposure and or interest in Project Management PMP and experience with EVMS
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
Ticom Geomatics (TGI) is a subsidiary of CACI International, Inc in Austin, Texas with ~200 employees. TGI is an industry leader in Interoperable Mission Ready Geolocation and ISR Systems and Services. We develop large scale enterprise ISR systems and QRCs that utilize Time and Frequency Difference of Arrival (T/FDOA) and other techniques for Precision Geolocation. We provide full End-to-End Mission and Life Cycle Support for our products. Our systems leverage commercial, industry, and Government standards for affordable, flexible, and rapid development.
See more on Ticom Geomatics and our other positions http://careers.caci.com/page/show/TGIJobs