What you'll get to do:
The Facilities Manager will provide operational facilities support through activities such as mail services, copying, printing, meeting room set up and preparation, procurement and control of business supplies, etc. Plan, coordinate, and/or allocate office space. Coordinate the construction, installation, or rearrangement of equipment and/or building facilities by directing contractor representatives.
More about this role:
The Facilities Manager will supervise all major maintenance requests; monitor all work assignments and charges. Coordinate the development of renovation and new construction projects; including routine and new project requests, communicating with project contacts and users, defining the scope of new projects and resolving project budget issues. Identify needs and seek funding for preventive maintenance, routine and major maintenance. Supervise, coordinate and maintain equipment, furnishing, supplies and inventories; oversee check-off programs as necessary. Control receiving, inventory and proper usage of various types of equipment and inventory. Maintain the Pest Control, building maintenance checklist, First Aid, Fire Extinguishers. Oversee security services. Follow up with city inspectors for building inspections.
You'll bring these qualifications:
Typically requires high school diploma or equivalent plus specialized vocational training, and five years related experience to include two or more years of building maintenance and engineering experience with working knowledge of plumbing, carpentry, HVAC and mechanical and electrical building operating systems.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to handle a variety of equipment; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl. The employee must also occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more.
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.