BIT Systems, a CACI Company, is looking for the newest member of the FADE Software Test team to provide quality assurance on a series of web applications and backend services. As a Software Tester, you will focus on the overall reliability of a complex and ever-changing system with a fast growing user base. Your responsibilities include a mixture of manual and automated testing to validate new and existing functionality.
You work well in a team environment and take pride in ensuring the reliability of the product. You will work alongside the development team and be a part of an agile software development lifecycle with active participating in planning, scrums, sprints, regression testing, and sprint reviews. You thrive in a fast moving environment and enjoy learning and overcoming new challenges. You think outside of the box and enjoy exploring the limits of an application to discover flaws. You pride yourself in discovering issues before users do!
Rather than repetitive manual tasks, you prefer to use automation to do the testing for you! You enjoy coding and maintaining automated tests and the testing framework. You are eager to create and contribute to a set of smoke, regression, performance, and load tests. You have experience with source-control systems like Git and SVN.
If you find testing against large requirements documents and writing pages of detailed test steps a bore and want to truly help determine "Does this software help meet mission and deliver value to the customer?", then this is the job for you! Leverage your curiosity and desire for understanding to help provide the best tools and services in the industry!
You enjoy ensuring a positive user experience by supporting users directly. You enjoy troubleshooting user issues on the phone or via ticketing systems. Providing a solution to a user gives you satisfaction.
To see more on our FADE program, visit us at: http://careers.caci.com/page/show/Development_Analysts
Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent, and five to seven years of related experience.
- 5-7 years relevant experience software integration and/or test
- A strong commitment to software quality
- Familiarity with large software development programs
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies
- Good understanding of Windows and Linux environments
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills
- Willingness to interface directly with users to assist them when they have issues
- Self-starter and willing to learn new skills
- Candidate must have a TS/SCI clearance and have or be willing to obtain a current Polygraph
- Prior experience with automated testing frameworks/tools such as Selenium, TestNG, JMeter, SoapUI, etc
- Familiarity with client/server systems using REST interfaces
- Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) and OGC standards (WMS/WFS/KML)
- Automation tools (Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Source-control systems (Git, SVN)
- Experience writing automated tests
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.
Additional BITS Information:
BITS benefits are unique. Basically, BITS benefits equate to 50% of salary on TOP of your base salary. The first part is a taxˆ’qualified profit sharing retirement plan to which BITS annually contributes up to 25% of your base salary (not in excess of applicable IRS limits) to your retirement account under the plan. The second part consists of BITS' Individual Benefit Account (IBA), which is used for premiums, medical reimbursements, dependent care, education and Paid Time Off (PTO) policy. Both components of the BITS benefit package are paid for by BITS in addition to your base salary and potential performance bonuses.
We believe in healthy home/work balance; both our locations offer a wide variety of activities to balance with your work life.
Check us out at http://www.caci.com/bit-systems/