Candidate will perform the duties and responsibilities of Switchboard Operator for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Switchboard. Responsible for responding to public and customer inquiries.
Under general supervision, the Switchboard Operator will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Provides troubleshooting support to a user community employing computer systems.
- Operate computer terminal and perform word processing assignments and related clerical tasks.
- Maintain appropriate records and prepare required reports.
- Responds to general inquiries and requests for information and routes callers to appropriate DHS personnel as required.
- Identify problems and provide applicable remedies.
- Position involves shift work: day, evening & overnight.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Typically requires high school diploma or equivalent, and one year of related customer service and computer experience.
Candidate will be required to obtain DHS Entry On Duty (EOD) access.
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face.