About this Job
BIT Systems (BITS), a CACI company, is currently seeking Software Engineering Interns to join our team in our Aurora, CO office.
As an Intern, you’ll work on a team that is literally changing the state-of-the-art of geospatial software. Our software is used worldwide, with a growing user base. You’ll be working in Java 8, JavaFX, JEE, ReST, and other enterprise technologies. You may also be exposed to OpenGL, GIS & OGC standards, continuous integration and automated testing tools such as Jenkins, and JUnit. Candidates should be comfortable operating in all phases of the application lifecycle. Use of industry-proven design patterns and open source tools is encouraged. This position requires a combination of supporting existing applications as well as new development work.
The commitment of our BITS employees to "Engineering Results" is the catalyst that has propelled BITS to becoming a leader in software development, R&D, sensor development and signal processing. Our engineering teams are highly adept at solving complex problems with the application of leading-edge technology solutions, empowering decision-makers to make better mission-critical decisions. Our operational team excels at signal collection, processing and analysis. We have operational personnel stationed around the world in support of our customers' missions.
BITS is part of the larger CACI National Cyber Security (NCS) Business Group and spans five core mission areas, enabling us to specifically tailor services and solutions to meet our nation’s most pressing national security objectives: Cyber Intelligence Solutions, Digital Signal Processing (DSP) Development, Radio Frequency (RF) Solutions, Mission Application Development, and Geolocation Solutions.
Technologies you will be exposed to:
- Java 8 (including JEE, ReST web services, JavaFX)
- Agile Software Development, Open Source Application Development and Contributions
- User Interface (UI) Development (HTML, JSP, MVC Frameworks, GWT or other Web 2.0 Frameworks, JavaFX)
- Distributed Messaging (e.g., Apache Camel and JMS)
- Apache Spark
- Continuous Integration and Source Management (e.g., Jenkins, Cruise Control, Subversion, GIT)
- Instrumentation and Performance Monitoring using JMX and Log4J
- Unit testing with JUnit
- SQL and NoSQL DBMS Query Languages
- High Throughput Messaging (Billions of messages per day)
- U.S. Citizen
- Ability to Obtain a Security Clearance, Background Investigation and Polygraph
- No Drug Use
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.