Ticom Geomatics, a CACI Company, is looking for Part Time talented senior Java, C++ software developers to build, enhance, and maintain complex software systems for the US Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) community. The selected candidate will perform a variety of complex engineering tasks including: analysis, design, development, and test for our product areas.
The developer will work both individually and as part of a team in our Austin location. We support personal/work balance and provide the rare opportunity to utilize and hone your technical expertise on a part-time basis of 10- 20 hours a week. Remote and telecommuting options for this position will be considered.
Ticom Geomatics has built its success through focus on the customer mission while maintaining an employee and family oriented culture. We are interested in augmenting our team with talented Part Time engineers who have the potential to help grow our business and deliver high impact capabilities to our customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze requirements to derive software design and performance requirements.
- Design and code new software as well as modify existing code to add features and functionality.
- Debug existing software.
- Develop code necessary to complete tasks in the specified time according to standards and guidelines.
- Employ design, development, and testing best practices.
- Profile, analyze, and optimize implemented software.
- Prepare complex engineering analysis of projects and support proposal and planning efforts.
- Collaborate with hardware and software engineers and analysts to develop, analyze, and evaluate hardware, software, and systems.
- Evaluate emerging technologies to determine advantages and disadvantages of potential solutions in virtual, web-based, and desktop applications.
- Provides recommendations to management concerning issues of developer productivity and software development management.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Ability to work approximately 10-20 hours per week and availability for phone calls and/or meetings during regular work hours as needed
- Requires expert level Java, C++ or equivalent development experience.
- Willingness to learn and apply the best technology for a given application.
- Solid understanding of software design concepts, patterns, tools and best practices.
- Experience with distributed/asynchronous programming models.
- Ability to contribute to architectural decisions in a highly collaborative environment on issues such as client- and server-side state management, bandwidth usage, and performance.
- Proven delivery of production-grade applications including security, diagnostics, maintainability, scalability, auditing, and complex multi-layer troubleshooting.
- US Citizenship required along with the ability to secure and retain a security clearance.
- Typically requires a Bachelors or equivalent in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering and a minimum of 7 years of experience
These Qualifications Are Desired:
- Experience with AWS (including any AWS Certifications) or other cloud technologies.
- Background in web technologies is highly desired.
- Experience with database programming.
- Experience using Docker in development workflows and deployments.
- Working knowledge of signal processing fundamentals.
- Working knowledge of MATLAB is helpful.
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
Company Description: Ticom Geomatics (TGI) is a subsidiary of CACI International, Inc in Austin, Texas with ~200 employees. TGI is an industry leader in Interoperable Mission Ready Geolocation and ISR Systems and Services. We develop large scale enterprise ISR systems and QRCs that utilize Time and Frequency Difference of Arrival (T/FDOA) and other techniques for Precision Geolocation. We provide full End-to-End Mission and Life Cycle Support for our products. Our systems leverage commercial, industry, and Government standards for affordable, flexible, and rapid development.
View FT and additional positions at: http://careers.caci.com/page/show/TGIJobs