Ticom Geomatics Inc (TGI), a CACI Company, is currently seeking a DSP Engineer.
We have built our success through focus on the customer mission while maintaining an employee and family oriented culture. We are interested in bringing in strong team members who are flexible and have the potential to help grow our business and deliver high impact capabilities to our customers.
Offices for this opportunity are in Austin, TX. For those outside of the Austin area, relocation assistance may be considered on a case by case basis.
What You’ll Get to Do:
The DSP Engineer will develop and integrate cutting edge capabilities into Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) platforms and products, and will be a critical resource for conceiving, developing, testing, and deploying mission critical capabilities for our customers. Daily activities typically include development of detection, demodulation and processing algorithms for wireless signals; development of knowledge base of signal types and characteristics to support processing efforts; and implementation of algorithms for production collection systems.
More About the Role:
- Develop detection, demodulation and processing algorithms for wireless signals
- Research advanced signal processing techniques to help define capability roadmaps
- Help grow knowledge base of signal types and characteristics to support processing efforts
- Implement algorithms for production collection systems
- Work independently and with team members, principal investigators, and program managers to investigate technical approaches to challenging signal processing, estimation, and detection problems
- Work closely with other groups across the company to transition new capabilities into deployment
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Experience or education in digital signal processing, wireless communication theory, and estimation/detection theory. Preference to the candidate with strong background in current wireless protocols, digital communications systems, and RF physical and MAC layer protocols.
- Strong in object oriented design
- Proven experience in C/C++ development in team environments
- Very strong knowledge of engineering fundamentals (preferred M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or Mathematics)
- Demonstrated background of feature/capability software implementations that require strong DSP and RF fundamentals
- Experience in a lab environment including use of signal generators and RF components (e.g., filters, splitters, attenuators).
- Ability to evaluate technical trade-offs and to conduct an analysis of alternatives.
Self-starter with good interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Must be eligible for a TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3-5 years of related experience, or a Master’s Degree (highly preferred) with 0-2 years of related experience.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Understanding of software defined radio (SDR) principles
- Experience with real-time and/or embedded system development
- Ability to understand and formulate mathematical, statistical, and computational models.
- Experience in machine learning and pattern recognition
- Experience with algorithm implementation for DSP and/or FPGA
- Experience with C++11, C++14
- Understand Agile and Spiral development methodologies
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
Ticom Geomatics (TGI) is a subsidiary of CACI International, Inc. in Austin, Texas with ~200 employees. TGI is an industry leader in Interoperable Mission Ready Geolocation and ISR Systems and Services. We develop large scale enterprise ISR systems and QRCs that utilize Time and Frequency Difference of Arrival (T/FDOA) and other techniques for Precision Geolocation. We provide full End-to-End Mission and Life Cycle Support for our products. Our systems leverage commercial, industry, and Government standards for affordable, flexible, and rapid development.