What You’ll Get to Do:
BIT Systems is seeking candidates for our NCS Summer Internship Program on various software development teams. Interns will develop multi-tiered applications in JAVA. Candidates should be comfortable operating in all phases of the application lifecycle. Use of industry proven design patterns and open source tools is encouraged. This position requires a combination of support of existing applications as well as new development work.
More About the Role:
Co-Op/Interns at this level typically represent college students trying to gain related work experience while pursuing an undergraduate degree.
Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's degree program or higher is required. Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science majors encouraged
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with team members to investigate new signal/data formats and RF transmission protocols.
- Help facilitate a software baseline that enables analysis and system procurement of continually evolving target sets.
- Be capable of algorithmic design, implementation, optimization, and testing.
Assists in the design and development of computer software systems, in conjunction with hardware product development, for medical, industrial, military, communications, aerospace, and scientific applications, applying principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis. Helps analyze software requirements to help determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints. Assists in the formulation and design of software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design. Assists in evaluating/determining user needs with the maintenance of single-product models and subsystems. Performs routine software system testing procedures, programming, and documentation. Provides support for the acquisition, installation, maintenance and operations of computer systems hardware, software and networks within assigned customer work stations and facilities. May provide technical material to selected proposals and reports to substantiate and secure program funding. Helps to identify creative solutions to improve system and product offerings. May work with engineering and management team to collectively meet market requirements. Helps document engineering work as input for company collateral and patent requirements. Provides input as required to technical writers to create customer-relevant documentation. Coordinates with project work teams to ensure adherence to policies, achievement of quality targets and delivery on schedule milestones.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
Clearance: The ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
Please keep in mind our requirements to participate in our co-op/intern program:
- U.S. Citizen
- Software development in Linux
- Experience with Graphical User Interface (Qt, TK, Java Swing)
- Familiar with: Digital Communication Theory, Digital Signal Processing (DSP), Digital communication protocols and data handling techniques (packet/ asynchronous data and data type interpretations), and geolocation concepts.
- Undergraduate Classes: calculus, linear algebra, physics, digital logic design, C/C++ or Java, statistics, embedded programming.
- Aptitude for learning new software languages such as Java, C/C++, Python/numpy, xmidas, Pearl, SQL, Matlab, and other in house developed languages.
- A background in signal analysis and binary exchange methodologies
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.