What You’ll Get to Do: The Big Data Java /Scala Developer plays an important role in analyzing various data sources and developing data streams using big-data technologies leveraging Spark, Scala, Python, Java, R and MapReduce for a large Petabyte scale Enterprise Data Warehouse.
More About the Role:
Develops ETL data pipelines, machine learning, analytical and reporting requirements by coordinating with business analysts, data scientists and source system developers
Develops ETL requirements for extracting, transforming and loading data into the Data Warehouse
Analyzes new and existing data sources for the Enterprise Data Warehouse
Develops Spark, Java, Scala, Hive code on Amazon Web Services (AWS) Elastic MapReduce (EMR)
Develops data transformations for XML, JSON, CSV etc.
Develops APIs and Web services using Python
Creates Interface Control Document (ICD) and designs for the new data streams and reports
Coordinates and collaborates with end users and business analysts in identifying, developing and validating ETL requirements.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
University Degree or equivalent experience and minimum 5 years of related work experience.
Experience and High proficiency in Java/ Scala required
Experience and strong SQL skills required
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
Experience in AWS/ Azure Cloud environments preferred
Experience in Shell scripts, Python coding strongly preferred
Experience documenting ETL mappings and good written skills.
Experience providing IT applications development and systems implementation services to federal customers.
Strong communication skills.
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.