Information Security Specialist (3rd Shift)
Req #: 204388
Location: Washington, DC US
Job Category: Security
Security Clearance: Secret
Clearance Status: Must Be Current
Hours: 11:30PM - 8:15AM every other week (Sunday – Thursday- includes Holidays)
General Responsibilities – AntiVirus
- Maintain an enterprise-wide Anti Virus (AV) infrastructure. Test and implement security countermeasures to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data
- Monitor, troubleshoot and report any email discrepancies accordingly via Cisco Security Management Appliance (SMA) Configuration and installation of Fortinet technologies
- Manage ESA devices responsible for scanning all SMTP and HTTP traffic for malware.
- Tasked with recovering and/or investigating missing emails that may enter or exit the Department of State network infrastructure.
- Responsible for the Department of State management of Symantec Endpoint Protection (Antivirus client software)
- Maintain an enterprise-wide AntiVirus (AV) infrastructure;
- Test and implement security countermeasures to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data; Coordinate, implement, and maintain standards and procedures;
- Write and maintain software installation guides and other security documents for enterprise-wide AV infrastructure;
- Design, test, deploy, and maintain automated systems to disseminate AV software and fixes using Windows NT/00/03/XP;
- Troubleshoot and test AV Software and hardware;
- Build and troubleshoot servers from scratch;
- Create and maintain division websites;
- Design, package and distribute AV software and fixes Department-wide;
- Research and test malware such as i.e., viruses, spyware, phishing, spam and adware;
- Assist in performing IT security reviews with other inter/external offices;
- Prepare AV telegrams, alerts, and notifications;
- Promote IT security awareness to end users, systems administrators and senior management through training, seminars, newsletters, and on-site briefings;
- Provide second-tier support for client/server AV software issues.
- Maintain virus reporting database and distribute statistical data.
- Perform data queries and research;
- Closely interact with senior management via telephone, email, and on-site visits;
- Provide yearly on-site visits to ensure compliance with standards, procedures, and guidelines to protect and promote a virus-free environment;
- Maintain a virus test facility;
- Evaluate mechanisms for mitigating operational risk;
- Test, implement, and maintain perimeter AV applications;
- Monitor external and internal data sources for malicious code patterns and new threats;
- Provide on-call rotation for incident response of after-hour duty phone;
- Research and evaluate new IT security tools, processes and propose solutions to effectively mitigate malicious cyber threats;
- Investigate and resolve reported operating system, network and application anomalies as it relates to malware and AV software;
- Assess the IT security impact of new and known threats and identify and evaluate vulnerabilities in new technology and changes to the IT infrastructure.
- 3 – 5 years of related experience.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience in performing security systems backup, record, and store all relevant information for historical purposes; Assist user community with identifying and fixing virus infections.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Secret clearance