CACI is seeking a Sr. Principal Cyber Systems Engineer to support our customer with high level engineering projects that span across networking, application development, cyber engineering and satellite systems.
The Cyber Engineer will work closely with a technical team in order to plan, design, build, test, and deploy mission critical systems to protect a global wide area network (WAN). The qualified candidate will be responsible for some of the following tasks:
- Responsible for the implementation of COTs products and custom configurations to protect a WAN and the systems used to manage the network.
- Will work closely with stakeholders to ensure projects are prioritized, documented and managed according to the PMF.
-Will have strong design skills and will have the ability to also troubleshoot, analytical problem solving abilities and organizational skills
- Maintain a wealth of knowledge of the system development life cycle and Project Management Framework.
- Responsible for hardening network devices and boundary protections such as firewalls.
- Responsible for participating in engineering projects through the Accreditation and Authorization process
- Responsible for participating in the diagnosis and maintenance surrounding areas within the Anti-Virus, Anti-Malware, and Email Security Appliances
- Responsible and high level of engineering within WAN, LAN, and DMZ Networks
- Maintain a high level of communication skills in technical, business, and client interactions
- Experience working in a dynamic and collaborative environment
- 8+ years of cyber, IT, systems, or software engineering experience
- 5+ years of Linux/Unix system engineering and security hardening experience
- 5+ years of Windows system engineering and security hardening experience
- 3+ years of experience configuring and hardening network switches, routers, and firewalls
- Experience working with Oracle or MySQL databases.
- Experience with Cyber assessment tools such as Tenable suite
- Experience working with IDS/IPS products (Cisco FireSIGHT, Fortinet, TippingPoint)
- TS/SCI with poly required and must be within five years of the last investigation.
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.