What You’ll Get to Do:
You will be responsible for developing, operating and maintaining software, firmware components, or computing systems software to be applied to and integrated with solutions or products that also encompass non-information technology related engineering or scientific disciplines. These solutions or products may require hardware, communications, cyber or other specialized engineering domain knowledge in order to design, develop, and support software components embedded within them. You will apply the appropriate software standards, processes, procedures and tools throughout the system life cycle to support the generation of multi-disciplinary solutions and products.
More About the Role:
We are looking for someone with a background in software engineering that is comfortable working with an existing code base. You will help in determining user needs; analyze system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, as well as ensure that software standards are met.
◦ Works to achieve operational targets within job area with direct impact on department results. Works independently moderately complex projects/ systems. Works to meet the objectives or goals of projects and assignments.
Innovation & Complexity:
◦ Responsible for making adjustments or recommended enhancements in systems and processes to solve problems or improve effectiveness of job area.
◦ Addresses moderately complex technical issues/problems that require oversite and a depth of technical job knowledge from other employees. Problems are typically solved through drawing from other employee’s experiences, with analysis of the issue
Communication & Influence:
◦ Communicates with contacts typically within the project area or technical department on matters that involve obtaining or providing information requiring some explanation or interpretation in order to reach agreement. May work to influence parties within own job function at an operational level.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform as Software Engineer 1 for RBC/OAS/OSR/SWMA applications
- Support PIM 6 metrics objectives (Zero CAT 1 DRs for all releases)
- Work with CAMMO Scrum Master to learn how to perform software engineering using LASER Agile software methodology
- Focus on growing coding, unit testing and requirements management skills.
- Work with Cybersecurity team to better understand secure software coding
- Agile Scrum Team Role: Learn to provide input into scope, budget, schedule constraints, and schedules for projects
- Continually work toward CAMMO process improvements and efficiencies
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
Education: Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other relevant field preferred
• 1-4 Years of Software Engineering
• Productive individual contributor
• Works independently with supervision
• Performed traditional System Engineering tasks
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• Secret Clearance
• DoD experience
• AFSCN Experience
• Oracle Experience
• Security +
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
US-Colorado Springs-CO-COLORADO SPRINGS