Performs as System Integrator (SI) audit senior subject matter expert (SME) for the Integrated Personnel and Pay System – Army (IPPS-A) Increment II Program to deliver SI financial and operational audit support to design and develop the system solution that meets financial and operational audit and compliance requirements. Work scope includes developing, maintaining and executing the SI audit plans to conduct continuous examination of IPPS-A records and documents to determine adequacy and effectiveness of operational controls and financial management controls; budgeting, accounting, financial, and related policies and procedures; compliance with applicable statutes, regulations, policies, and prescribed procedures; reliability, accuracy, and completeness of financial and administrative records and reports; and the extent to which funds and other resources are properly protected and effectively used. Auditing activities the NIPRNet and SIPRNet, as appropriate. Participates in Army PM forums for stakeholder collaboration and other System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) purposes to ensure operational and financial controls are defined, designed, built, tested, and delivered in the IPPS-A. Participates or leads internal SI collaboration forums and project teams. Prepares and edits Program documentation. Manages the SI Audit Team in the absence of the Audit Lead.
The Senior Audit Specialist for this position provides senior audit leadership and expertise to deliver audit capability in the IPPS-A and provides internal SI understanding of DOD and Army operational and financial audit requirements as they apply across the full SDLC, to include preparing associated Program documentation, with application to the NIPRNet and SIPRNet, as appropriate.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Leads internal SI collaboration forums and project teams to conduct audit tasks
- Leads the SI Audit Team in the absence of the Audit Lead.
- Develops and maintains the IPPS-A Financial and Operational Audit Readiness Plan
- Manages the implementation and validation of IPPS-A Financial Auditing/Audit Readiness to ensure the IPPS-A is compliant with the Finance and Accounting Enterprise Standards, as well as all DoD and Army audit requirements and regulations.
- Manages the implementation and validation of IPPS-A Operational Auditing to ensure the IPPS-A is compliant with all DoD and Army audit requirements and regulations.
- Implements the Oracle Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) applications (to include design, development, testing, and maintenance) where applicable in controlling and implementing audit capabilities, audit compliances, and audit readiness solution.
- Maintains currency in understanding of DOD and Army operational and financial audit policies, and procedures. Identifies emerging relevant technologies, and relevant DOD or Army policies and procedures that may result in improvements to current processes and systems solutions.
- Within Army PM forums, collaborates with customers to gather information, define complex work problems, and design system solutions and procedures to resolve problems and deliver required capabilities. Manages the SI Audit Team to:
- Develops and delivers oral presentations, and explains the most complex material in a clear fashion.
- Provides effective direction and guidance to less experienced staff.
- Reviews the work of others to detect errors or needed modifications.
- Bachelor degree in auditing, business, or equivalent discipline with at least 12-15 years of related experience; Master’s Degree preferred.
- 10 years experience providing audit support for the development and testing of automated systems audit controls, with a minimum of 4 years in a DOD environment (Army preferred).
- Experience leading an audit readiness team to design, implement, and assess financial and operational audit controls in an automated system, a DOD system preferred.
- Experience in DOD and Army financial audit readiness policies, procedures and requirements, to include the DOD FIAR plan and the Army FIP.
- Experience preparing and delivering oral presentations.
- Understanding of the operational and financial audit guidance and standards articulated in the Specific Duties and Responsibilities section of this position description.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret clearance; a current Secret clearance preferred
- Understanding of the Oracle GRC applications, experience preferred.
- Experience in PeopleSoft HCM software.
- Experience payroll and accounting auditing or audit readiness, DOD military pay and accounting preferred.
- Experience in human resources auditing or audit readiness, DOD military personnel preferred.
- Experience in developing a software system under the DODI 5000.2 (Operation of the Defense Acquisition System), a personnel or payroll system preferred.
- Understanding of Agile software development processes, experience preferred.
- Understanding of Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN), experience preferred.
- Understanding of the DOD Architectural Framework (DODAF), experience preferred.
- Understanding of Army military pay support for more than one Army component, experience preferred.
- Understanding of Army personnel processes and procedures for one or more Army components, experience preferred.
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.