Duties and Responsibilities:
3rd Shift Hours: 11:15PM - 8:00AM. Specific days worked may vary based upon customer requirementts
Note: All new watch-standers are trained Monday thru Friday from 7:15AM-4PM until they are deemed ready for their designated shift. Shift assignments may change depending on project needs as determined by the customer and management.
- Administer daily updates to the database tracking tool.
- Collection of operations support weekly action reports.
- Compile database metrics weekly.
- Assign new work orders to operations support technicians/engineers within one hour of STAC notification (during business hours), personal follow-up on any urgent action.
- Check Solar Winds concerning network and systems status on a recurring basis and act to address problems or issues.
- Perform level 1 troubleshooting, including server resets (Citrix), big brother admin, SNMPc, pinging servers, user accounts, TAVEE reports, etc.
- Under direction of the lead network engineer, provide statistical reporting data on post communications links as required.
- Maintain a log and track metrics on network outages.
- Cisco and Nortel configuration, initialization and preparation of these devices for shipment to post.
- Post database updates.
- Maintain up-to-date IP list on NAS with shortcut to desktop of each terminal (print PDF report from post database).
- Daily management of the Network Operations Center - act for any technical faults or issues, maintain cleanliness, organization (documentation), operation and monitor the logbook.
- Ensure all tickets are acted on promptly, effectively and closed out promptly.
- Under direction from the system administrator, image and configure workstations.
- Maintain the operations support duty roster.
Active Secret security clearance.
Two entry/mid-level IT certifications such as A+, CCNA, network+, etc., with at least two years' hands on experience in a PC/network helpdesk or technical support environment.
The candidate should have a good base of IT knowledge to draw upon and be able and willing to learn new applications and related hardware devices.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent, and two to four years of related experience. Additional training will be required to support legacy systems. May require a security clearance and specialized technical certifications.
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.