The Counter Insurgency Targeting Program (CITP) analysts provide support to Special Operations Command North (SOCNORTH) through the Joint Intelligence Brigade (JIB) Fort Bragg, NC. Senior Intelligence analyst to integrate predictive pattern analysis and JIB based data and reporting from all intelligence disciplines. Focusing on analytical coordination that assist in Counterterrorism, illicit pathway, and counter WMD investigations. The analyst will work to identify and illuminate overseas Special Interest Alien – Known or Suspected Terrorist (SIA-KST) routes and movements to the USNORTHCOM AOR, specifically through Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean. The analyst will work with other targeting specialists to conduct coordination and collaborative targeting efforts against designated threat networks while maintaining global situational awareness to identify opportunities and provide expanded finish options to disrupt, degrade, dismantle, and defeat those enemy networks.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The analyst will be responsible to fulfill the SOCNORTH mission while supporting the role as a team member of the JIB. Specifically, the analyst will perform the following:
- Provide special operations specific expertise, technical knowledge, and experience to support SOCNORTH and JIB missions.
- Leverage DoD data and capabilities to collaborate on joint problem sets for both SOCNORTH and the JIB.
- Coordinate and collaborate targeting efforts against designated threat networks.
- Enhance SOCNORTH's and the JIBs mission set in the global special operations intelligence network and SOCNORTH's defense in-depth concept.
- Identify overseas Special Interest Alien – Known or Suspected Terrorist (SIA-KST) routes and movements to the USNORTHCOM AOR.
- Participate in and or give briefings to further the missions of SOCNORTH and the JIB.
- Conduct weekly VTC with other Blue Force Network (BFN) analysts.
- Assist in conducting analysis, providing insight, and operational support to enable better synchronization and integration to protect the United States and its interests.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Government trained intelligence analysts with a minimum of 8 years of intelligence analysis and targeting experience.
- MOS/AFSC 31D, 311D, 35F, 350F, 35D, 18F, 180A; 1N0; or DoD joint service equivalent, or civilian 0132, 1811.
- Possess an active TS/SCI Clearance.
- Background in Counterterrorism or Counter-Insurgency.
- Knowledgeable of the Intelligence Cycle, Collection Management Cycle, Targeting Cycle and intelligence analytic techniques including F3EAD, activity-based analysis, trend and pattern analysis, geospatial analysis, link analysis and network or social network analysis.
- Experienced with data processing systems such as DCGS-A and CIDNE.
- Working knowledge of i2 Analyst Notebook, AXIS Pro, WebTAS, ArcGIS, and Google Earth.
- Proficient at using basic computer applications and intelligence related automation to support analytical efforts and product development.
- Experience supporting a SOF Task Force highly desired and preferred.
- Experience working in a Joint Environment
The analyst may be requested to deploy or travel by SOCNORTH to other locations in the USNORTHCOM area of responsibility as appropriate by SOCNORTH and the JIB.
Some travel may be required. May spend a lot of time standing due to laboratory conditions.