HELP DESK COORDINATOR, PORTSMOUTH, NH Job
Date: Apr 29, 2013
Location: Portsmouth, NH, US
Category: Information Systems - Help Desk
Primary Location: Portsmouth, NH, US
Security Clearance: Secret
Clearance Status: Must be Obtainable
Schedule: Full Time
Type of Travel:
Percent of Travel Required: Up to 10%
Duties and Responsibilities:
CACI has several contingent positions for a team of IT Professionals who will support the Navy's submarine community in Portsmouth, NH in the near future. Support will be primarily for a set of in-house, proprietary applications that are interconnected with data interfaces with other data sources Navy-wide. Help Desk services will be required to support this environment as well as general telephone and deskside IT support to the client's internal customers. All activities take place in a hybrid environment using both legacy and Navy Marine Corp Intranet (NMCI) network infrastructures.
The Help Desk Coordinator position typically requires an associate's degree or equivalent, and 5 to 7 years of specialized help desk experience. Experience must include:
- Providing telephone, e-mail, and walk-in customer support to the user community
- Application, network, and PC-level trouble shooting for users in a Windows XP, Microsoft Office environment
- Providing support and direction for user groups in the use of the software/hardware systems and programs to support an integrated system.
- Providing oversight and management of user accounts.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with fellow programmers, business analysts, DBAs, functional experts, technical writers, and other team members.
- Ability to work in a CMMI-3 environment, especially in the documentation and tracking areas.
- Ability to obtain the following certifications:
CompTIA's A+ or Network+ Microsoft's Windows 7 Enterprise Desktop Support Technician (MCITP)
- Requires certification at DoD 8570 Information Assurance Technical Level 1 within six months of date of hire.
Also requires DoD Secret security clearance (must be obtainable).
- Associates degree in Information Technology or related technical field will be looked upon favorably.
- Former military experience or work experience as contractor or civil servant with US Navy, Naval Shipyards, or other military installation.
- Experience supporting users in an NMCI environment.
CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is in support of future opportunities. As we get closer to filling this position, we will be contacting qualified candidates. If you are selected to interview, you will be contacted directly.
Nearest Major Market: Portsmouth
Nearest Secondary Market: Boston
Job Segments: Defense, Information Systems, Security Clearance, Database, Help Desk, Government, Technology