Information Assurance (IA) Engineer, Portsmouth, NH Job
Date: Apr 29, 2013
Location: Portsmouth, NH, US
Category: Information Systems - Security
Primary Location: Portsmouth, NH, US
Security Clearance: Secret
Clearance Status: Must be Obtainable
Schedule: Full Time
Type of Travel:
Percent of Travel Required: Up to 10%
Duties and Responsibilities:
CACI has several contingent positions for a team of IT Professionals who will support the Navy's submarine community in Portsmouth, NH in the near future. Support will be primarily for a set of in-house, proprietary applications that are interconnected with data interfaces with other data sources Navy-wide. The selected candidates will perform application development, system engineering, DBA, and IT service roles in support of these proprietary applications. Primary roles will be to maintain the existing system, develop ROM and LOE estimates for proposed software changes, develop and release application updates, maintain documentation, and to develop and maintain automated data interfaces between applications with other US Navy data sources. Forthcoming roles include an enterprise-level overhaul to the existing service offering to enhance stability, provide additional functionality, and allow for the integration of emerging technology solutions.
The Information Assurance (IA) Engineer position typically requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent, and 7 to 9 years of specialized IA experience for a DoD organization. Experience must include:
- Managing infrastructure security-related support activities in a DoD environment.
- Maintaining Certification and Accreditation (C&A) documentation
- The Defense Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP)
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with fellow programmers, business analysts, DBAs, functional experts, technical writers, and other team members.
- Ability to work in a CMMI-3 environment, especially in the documentation and tracking areas.
- Requires certification at DoD 8570 Information Assurance Technical Level 3 within six months of date of hire.
Also requires a Secret security clearance (must be obtainable).
- BS degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related technical field will be looked upon favorably.
- Primary service as an activity's Information Assurance Manager.
- Understanding of UML, XML, C#, .Net, and Cold Fusion technologies
- Thorough understanding of the software development life cycle is desired.
CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is in support of future opportunities. As we get closer to filling this position, we will be contacting qualified candidates. If you are selected to interview, you will be contacted directly.
Nearest Major Market: Portsmouth
Nearest Secondary Market: Boston
Job Segments: Engineer, Defense, Developer, Information Systems, Database, Engineering, Government, Technology