PROGRAMMER ANALYST, PORTSMOUTH, NH Job
Date: Apr 29, 2013
Location: Portsmouth, NH, US
Category: Information Systems - Programming
Primary Location: Portsmouth, NH, US
Security Clearance: Secret
Clearance Status: Must be Obtainable
Schedule: Full Time
Type of Travel:
Percent of Travel Required: Up to 10%
Duties and Responsibilities:
CACI has several contingent positions for a team of IT Professionals who will support the Navy's submarine community in Portsmouth, NH in the near future. Support will be primarily for a set of in-house, proprietary applications that are interconnected with data interfaces with other data sources Navy-wide. The selected candidates will perform application development, system engineering, DBA, and IT service roles in support of these proprietary applications. Primary roles will be to maintain the existing system, develop ROM and LOE estimates for proposed software changes, develop and release application updates, maintain documentation, and to develop and maintain automated data interfaces between applications with other US Navy data sources. Forthcoming roles include an enterprise-level overhaul to the existing service offering to enhance stability, provide additional functionality, and allow for the integration of emerging technology solutions.
The Programmer Analyst position typically requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent, and 2 to 4 years of specialized development experience. Experience must include:
- Current, evolving, coding experience with Java EE.
- Unit testing with JUnit or comparable testing frameworks.
- Web/Application Servers (Tomcat, JBoss, WebLogic, WebSphere).
- Relational Databases (Oracle, SQL Server).
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with fellow programmers, business analysts, DBAs, functional experts, technical writers, and other team members.
- Ability to work in a CMMI-3 environment, especially in the documentation and tracking areas.
Requires a Secret security clearance (must be obtainable).
- BS degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related technical field will be looked upon favorably.
- Understanding of UML
- Cold Fusion
- Thorough understanding of the software development life cycle is desired.
CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is in support of future opportunities. As we get closer to filling this position, we will be contacting qualified candidates. If you are selected to interview, you will be contacted directly.
Nearest Major Market: Portsmouth
Nearest Secondary Market: Boston
Job Segments: Developer, Engineer, Defense, Programmer, Database, Technology, Engineering, Government